you know you're getting old when. - Page 9

Page 9 of 130 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109 ... LastLast

Thread: you know you're getting old when.

I just had this moment the other day at work. A young child was carrying around Pokemon cards. A whole new generation of cards I have never seen before. I told him that I've had cards since 1999.

"You know you're getting older when a kid looks at you .. in such a way .. that makes you feel old."

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    I just had this moment the other day at work. A young child was carrying around Pokemon cards. A whole new generation of cards I have never seen before. I told him that I've had cards since 1999.

"You know you're getting older when a kid looks at you .. in such a way .. that makes you feel old."
    Sorry, but what is a Pokemon card?
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonata View Post
    Or when you need three pairs [correct, three pairs or each] prescription computer glasses, one for the computer, one for food prep [both mid distance]... in the kitchen... half and half bifocals for being out... distance for going out on mobility scooter... reading glasses for actutal reading...

Oh, I do not drive any more so I do not need driving glasses.
    Oh Gosh! I have two pair of computer glasses (one at home one at the office), Regular trifocals, Driving glasses, and shooting glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Man View Post
    Oh Gosh! I have two pair of computer glasses (one at home one at the office), Regular trifocals, Driving glasses, and shooting glasses.
    I think I made a mistake. Trifocals no. Bifocals yes. Half and half.

Two pairs of distance only sun glasses for when I am only on my mobility scooter.

Two pairs of mid distant computer and/or kitchen cooking glasses.

Do not ask how many pairs of bifocals I have. Six?

Ahem - been wearing glasses since I was ickly. And I have a "friend" who has an - what do you call it? Dat place where they test eyes and whatever.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.

lived through every single season of law and prder and everything dick wolf ever created.

or better,you actually remember Micheal jackson when he was black (RIP,)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post

It frightens the young 'uns that some people can remember all the way back to last century ... no, last millennium! So old!

You know you're getting old when
    you look in the mirror and realise that your high forehead has stretched all the way to the horizon.

You know you're getting old when you accuse the kids of playing games on their iPads (or whatever it is this week) but it turns out to be their homework.
    "I don't know ... I'm making it up as I go ..." - Dr I Jones

Nature abhors perfection - cats abhor a vacuum!

"Faith can move mountains - she's a big girl!" (unknown/graffiti)

If I act like I own the place, it's because I did.

You know you're getting old when
    you look in the mirror and you see your Mother or Father looking back at you.

You know you're getting old when your children have babies of their own.
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

The only time you get carded is when the cashier wants to know your birth day. Never the year.

When you watch a show like Emergency! or The Rockford Files and you remember when they were first shown.

Or you listen to Big Band music and remember when you danced to it at your Senior Prom.