you know you're getting old when. - Page 7

Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151757107 ... LastLast

Thread: you know you're getting old when.

You know you are getting old when wearing a vest in the winter seems sensible.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

I think when one comes home early, frequents going to temples or churches or talks too much arrogantly and gets angry soon for not getting enough attention. Oldness and age are not necessarily substitutable. Even young persons behave as elderly and old people behave as if they are young. It depends on how healthy and active one is. The best thing to avoid aging is to be more participative in social activities, and to be more romantic and indulge in romances. That gives even the elderly the hue of youthfulness.

store clerks ask if you are using the senior discount
    "When it feels scary to jump, that is exactly when you jump, otherwise you end up staying in the same place your whole life, and that I can't do." -Abel Morales - A Most Dangerous Year.

... when you sit down in front of a computer, juggle words around to make them sound nice, and call it hard work.

teenagers have your old hairstyle
    The only one who can heal you is you.

When the chickens come home to roost: I remember our old high school principal, bald and smooth on top. We called him "old baldy" and worse (not to his face, of course). Now I have less hair than he did.
    "Put not your trust not in princes, in the children of men,
    in whom there is no salvation."
    Psalm 146

Timely, isn't it?

when I look over the bikes outside the cafe on the main road and realise I have not ridden any of those models.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    when I look over the bikes outside the cafe on the main road and realise I have not ridden any of those models.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chopper.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	13020

my first bike..now considered a classic
    The only one who can heal you is you.

When I realized that I was around when people were wearing high-top fades and box cuts

-actually ,i' like 23,but I feel like an old bitch.Is this unusual?

When the clothes you wore as a teenager are considered retro and worth more money now than you paid for them originally.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content