you know you're getting old when. - Page 51

Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41434445464748495051525354555657585961101 ... LastLast

Thread: you know you're getting old when.

...when you buy the 'Lothario multipack Valentine cards' thinking 'That'll see me out'.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    ...when you buy the 'Lothario multipack Valentine cards' thinking 'That'll see me out'.
    Did you send some ??
    BOBO is an abbreviation for BOurgeois-BOhème Hidden Content
    Lighten up, there – things look different in Light than in Shadow Hidden Content

When you use the phrase: "I can remember when..."

You know you are getting old when you party and dance the night away then get up the next morning can't walk and you have pulled a muscle in your back. Champagne is amazing stuff to make you feel younger and live for the moment.

shame it did not come with a pick-me-up for the morning after
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by danielstj View Post
    When you use the phrase: "I can remember when..."

When you use the phrase "I don't remember" and really don't.

In the States, when you turn 70, your physician must ask you, at annual physical: What day is it? (fuck I forgot...don't care); do you have scatter rugs? (yes, and keepin' 'em until I give up downhill skiing...unless rugs on slopes) Skiing this weekend. Later, sas

Here in NY they do a hearing test for your commercial drivers license. For me the doctor whispered something to me to check my hearing. Being partially deaf and a lip reader I just repeated what he said reading his lips. I didn't hear a sound he made.... He checked the box... "Hearing good" I am glad he did not think to cover his mouth :}

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    You know you are getting old when you party and dance the night away then get up the next morning can't walk and you have pulled a muscle in your back. Champagne is amazing stuff to make you feel younger and live for the moment.

shame it did not come with a pick-me-up for the morning after
    Watch you don't spill the caviar and crush the quail eggs....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Plasticweld: I was at business meeting yesterday and saw an "old" friend. She started to talk, but turned her head toward another. She laughed when I told her to forget that young person and look at me when talking. (As a sad aside: She then told me story about her husband who had recently died. In hospital doctors would ask him questions while they had their masks on. He did not reply. The doctors turned to her and said he wasn't "responsive". She said he needed to READ THEIR LIPS. Ya just gotta love doctors...and, I birthed one.)

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Watch you don't spill the caviar and crush the quail eggs....
    Absolutely! Caviar is not on the menu in the type of joints I party ...
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content