you know you're getting old when. - Page 120

Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110112113114115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1203

Thread: you know you're getting old when.

I knew I was old when I was old enough to be every other student's father, when I was in college. In fact, I was older than the program director for my course of study. /smh
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

You know you're getting old when you're old enough to be your doctor's father. I've since switched doctors.

You have a favorite spatula

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When you remember seasonal vegetables. The missus was saying that post Brexit there could be a period when we can't get Mediterranean veg. When I was a kid salads were a summer thing, lettuce, cucumber and tomato, and in winter there was swede, cabbage and carrots with, parsnip and brussels from Christmas on, in other words what grew here, usually on Dad's allotment. I remember my Mother coming home in triumph with a green pepper from the greengrocer for the first time ever.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I remember when Britain first joined the EU the euphoria over the availability of cheap wine, beer and cigarettes via the 'Booze' cruises. I wonder what will happen post Brexit.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    .... I wonder what will happen post Brexit.
    Anarchy. Dogs sleeping with cats. Gnashing of teeth, rending of garments. Or maybe, no one will really notice.

Oh, and I know I'm getting old when every statement is an opportunity to be coarse, sour, and sarcastic.
    I guess I've been old a long time.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

I used to be the world's youngest dirty old man. And now, well... Just subtract the "youngest" part. LOL
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

I am the world's youngest old curmudgeon, assuming that "old curmudgeonhood" begins at seventy or so.

Damn kids and their hip hop pants.

Quote Originally Posted by KenTR View Post
    I am the world's youngest old curmudgeon, assuming that "old curmudgeonhood" begins at seventy or so.

Damn kids and their hip hop pants.
    you know you are getting old when your contemporaries start expressing strident, curmudgeonly views. Personally I don't mind hot pants, hip hop pants, trousers without belts that show their pants, or even Bermuda shorts in bright colours. They are not for me, but if they want to wear them it identifies the wearers for me so I don't have to associate.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I fall asleep on the couch at like 8 o'clock.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content