A Poem by Ernest Hemingway

A Poem by Ernest Hemingway

Here's a poem by Ernest Hemingway. This is one of several poems that has stayed with me all these years. This is excellent verse. Let me know your opinion. Thanks.

For God is love and love is sod
    Let all unite to worship God.
    And let the Maker's trembling hand
    Emulate the ductless gland
    Thus are we in His wisdom brought
    To see the things that God has wrought.
    Last edited by curtis; March 3rd, 2016 at 04:53 PM.

First one I've read of Ernie and it was not to my taste...this man is the most frustrating author I have ever come across....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Blog Entries
    I have read Hemingway's: For Whom the Bell Tolls and some of his short stories.
    Found that novel and the film based on it very entertaining and a few of his short stories with their bare
    dialogue style readable. However, I could not finish two of his other novels because I found them excruciatingly
    boring.

As for poetry, I didn't know that he had written any. I can't say I like this one because I don't fully understand it.

For Whom the Bell Tolls
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    First one I've read of Ernie and it was not to my taste...this man is the most frustrating author I have ever come across....
    Why do you find his work frustrating?

because i feel i should like his work and i don't..one day i hope i get to like his work and move on....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Certainly has a strong rhythm.
    My Published Work On Amazon
    My articles on Vocal.Media
    My Reviews On Ciao

He should stick to fiction.