February 2016 - Grand Fiction Challenge READER'S CHOICE POLL! - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which Grand Fiction story do you like best?

Voters
22. This poll is closed
  • The Coward's Way Out

2 9.09%
  • Countdown To Oblivion

1 4.55%
  • The Place

5 22.73%
  • The Crossing

0 0%
  • The Case Of The Angry Wife

2 9.09%
  • Kimari's Heart

2 9.09%
  • Like Snuffing Out A Candle

5 22.73%
  • Morning Glory

0 0%
  • The Goat Farm

1 4.55%
  • Impossible Cat And The Skunk Of Freedom

1 4.55%
  • Dead By Dawn

1 4.55%
  • Desperate Times

1 4.55%
  • Dawn

0 0%
  • Infitialis Navitas

0 0%
  • Musiques Nocturnes

1 4.55%
  • Fighting Back

0 0%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: February 2016 - Grand Fiction Challenge READER'S CHOICE POLL!

Congrats to all the competitors! It's always fun to see the different directions a prompt can go. Divergent thinking for the win!

Now, let's see . . . who to cast my vote for . . .

Does anyone else wonder how many people truly read 16,000 words and cast an objective vote? Can't help but wonder at the forum dynamics at work here. If there was some way to incentivize impartiality and thoroughness...
    Last edited by Pluralized; February 23rd, 2016 at 04:58 AM.

Blog Entries
    If only I could have entered I would have been the only one to have written, not about a gruesome ending of people or humanity, But about a orchid like flower which blooms only one night in forty years, and as daylight intrudes upon its night of glory it fades to a withered husk of its former glory radiance.

Oh was the peoples choice for the better story in our opinion, or were we expected to base it on more like if we had judged it?
    My friends and family call me Bill, you may also.Hidden Content

When people meet people,
    Potential Strangers, Acquaintances, Friends.

When dogs meet people,
    Potential Friends, Acquaintances, Strangers.

I would rather be the Dog.

It takes only,
    A second to meet,
    A moment to know,
    A Lifetime to forget.

A word without thought can destroy.
    Please remember to think before you speak.

In your pocket, stealing your pocket lint.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.Goepner View Post
    If only I could have entered I would have been the only one to have written, not about a gruesome ending of people or humanity, But about a orchid like flower which blooms only one night in forty years, and as daylight intrudes upon its night of glory it fades to a withered husk of its former glory radiance.

Oh was the peoples choice for the better story in our opinion, or were we expected to base it on more like if we had judged it?
    I'm sure how you vote is completely up to your discretion.
    "Abandon the idea that you are ever going to finish. Lose track of the 400 pages and write just one page for each day, it helps. Then when it gets finished, you are always surprised." --John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Pluralized View Post
    Does anyone else wonder how many people truly read 16,000 words and cast an objective vote? Can't help but wonder at the forum dynamics at work here. If there was some way to incentivize impartiality and thoroughness...
    Well, since I didn't read them all, I figured it would be unfair of me to vote
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I think the technical stuff (SPaG, voice) would be better left for the judges. Vote on the entries any way you see fit.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

Who said anything about the SPaG?
    Je suis Charlie.

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

Quote Originally Posted by Schrody View Post
    Who said anything about the SPaG?

I think Bill insinuated it when he was asking how he should vote. Anyway the point is just vote on the one you like. Don't worry about the more technical aspects. That's all I'm saying
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I won't vote if I've read only one entry...
    Je suis Charlie.

The People's Choice doesn't have to be impartial -- in face it should probably not be. It is strictly a popularity contest. Just like in the real world, the best written, most thoughtful, books aren't all best-sellers. Don't worry about being fair, just pick one you like a vote for it. The judges will hand the rest of the stuff.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content