February 2016 - GRAND FICTION CHALLENGE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 2016 - GRAND FICTION CHALLENGE!

February 2016 - GRAND FICTION CHALLENGE!

February 2016 - Grand Fiction Challenge

Click here for the workshop thread

LITERARY MANEUVERS

To enter this competition, you must meet one of two requirements.

• Winner of at least one of the previous fiction LMs
    • Be a 5-Star Judge or higher whilst having judged at least one competition in the year of 2015

Send your story to me via private message. Approximately 48 hours after you do so, I'll post it to the workshop thread anonymously. Within those 48 hours, you may send any change you wish to make. Once your story is posted by me, no changes will be made. You have until the very last minute of the competition to send your entry, but you can't make any changes after the competition ends. If at any point in the future you would like me to delete your story, just ask. If you're unable to reach me, ask my esteemed colleague Bishop. If he is not available, ask one of the other moderators on the site after notifying the proper authorities.

The prompt this year: Dead by Dawn

You've got 1000 words at your disposal, choose them wisely.

Your identity will be revealed upon release of the results.

Click here to message me

Click here to message Bishop

The Judges

There'll be a fan vote (People's Choice Award) during the judging period.

The Prize

• First Place

$125
      Year of FoWF
      1 print or digital copy of either Love Hurts or My Cruel Invention (print retail is $16.99 each).
      Medal
      Automatic qualification in 2017's competition, should there be one and if it works the same way.

• Second Place

$50
      Half a year of FoWF
      1 print or digital copy of either Love Hurts or My Cruel Invention (print retail is $16.99 each).

• Third Place

$25
      Month of FoWF

• People's Choice Award

$25

Winners will receive their prize via Paypal. Make one if you don't have one.

The Rules

• All forum rules apply. Click here for the full list.
    • No Poetry entries
    • Only one entry per member.
    • Don't press the Like, LOL or Thanks button on any entry in this thread until the competition is over.
    • The word limit is 1000 words not including the title. If you go over, I won't post it. Microsoft Word and Google Drive are the standard for checking this. If your writing style is unique and the word count is wrong on either of those, you'll be fine.

The competition closes on Sunday, the 14th of February at 11:59 PM, GMT.
    Click here for the current time
    Last edited by kilroy214; February 3rd, 2016 at 12:18 AM.
    “On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed all the prices of ale. And on her behind, for the sake of the blind, was the same only written in braille"

"Ambiguity is one of the greatest faults in a craft. It comes from vague ambitions. One may inspired by good ambitions, but the immediate concern of the craftsman is to know what he is capable of doing at present; and to do it."
    - Edward Johnston

Last edited by kilroy214; February 4th, 2016 at 11:43 PM.

Last edited by kilroy214; February 4th, 2016 at 11:43 PM.
    “On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed all the prices of ale. And on her behind, for the sake of the blind, was the same only written in braille"

"Ambiguity is one of the greatest faults in a craft. It comes from vague ambitions. One may inspired by good ambitions, but the immediate concern of the craftsman is to know what he is capable of doing at present; and to do it."
    - Edward Johnston

Last edited by kilroy214; February 6th, 2016 at 09:24 PM.

- Edward Johnston

- Edward Johnston

- Edward Johnston

- Edward Johnston

- Edward Johnston

- Edward Johnston

- Edward Johnston

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast