OMG I Did It!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG I Did It!!!!!

OMG I Did It!!!!!

I passed my FAA exam with my new glasses! I'm a pilot again!!

I was given a conditional two-year license because of my early-onset Parkinson's. I have to fax a doctor's note about my progress every 30 days....but I passed!

The FAA instructor at the Asheville airport signed me off up to four-engine jet again.....I scored 100% on flying, and made a whopping 99% on the written test!

Damned center of gravity crap nails me every time. I hate math. But I got close!

The flying test was set up with an ATC instructor...and when he didn't respond to my request for approach, I immediately went to one of the holding patterns and continued to call for approach. They will do that to you. Some new pilots will go ahead to approach, and that's a bad move.

I have been soooooo anxious about this! At my age, with my health issues, I think this will be my last license.

I'm bouncing off the walls right now...I honestly thought I'd never fly again.

There's nothing like the freedom of flying. When you rotate to flight and those wheels leave the ground and you're just soaring into the sky....OMG that feeling is just incredible. At that point, you're one with God...there's nothing holding you down. I probably need to turn this into a story...

It's so incredible. I did it! I made it!

Quote Originally Posted by belthagor View Post
    Congratulations!!
    Thank you so much! I'm so relieved!

Congratulations. Jolly good on you. Glad for you, even if we just met recently

Quote Originally Posted by JP-Clyde View Post
    Congratulations. Jolly good on you. Glad for you, even if we just met recently
    Thank you! I appreciate you, by the way.

Congratulations Joyce, there is a lot to be said for having a goal and achieving it. I also relate to the being able to make mechanical things do what you want them to do, verses what they want to do. No small feat to get your four engine license or to be in the position to be trusted with someone's aircraft.

Airline profits are up according to some stats I saw on the news, hope you make more money flying =)

Congratulations, you!
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticweld View Post
    Congratulations Joyce, there is a lot to be said for having a goal and achieving it. I also relate to the being able to make mechanical things do what you want them to do, verses what they want to do. No small feat to get your four engine license or to be in the position to be trusted with someone's aircraft.
    Thank you! I usually do Angel flights, flying organs like kidneys and livers to hospitals for transplants. I also do Honor Air, though I don't fly, I am there to bring our deceased men and women home from war. We meet them, and carry their coffins out and as the coffin is loaded into the hearse, we stand strong, at attention, and we salute. We do the same when a veteran dies and comes home to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by belthagor View Post
    Airline profits are up according to some stats I saw on the news, hope you make more money flying =)
    I don't make money doing Angel flights. It's all volunteer. We give our time and the owner of the plane gives us this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Congratulations, you!
    Thank you! I'm soooo grateful for this.

Life is so good when one has an ability to help fellow people along the way of life.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, :: fist pump:: so cool!
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast