Thread: Dance on my grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Here lies the Schrodster,
    electrocuted by toaster.
    Oops.
    What a toasty, I mean, tasty death
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

And who wouldn't like to write an epitaph as well as Ezra Pound. When I was in high school his poetry intimidated me but now I really get into it. "Properly we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive." Love that quote!

Here lies the grave of the bus driver Gofa
    He pulled out too quick
    and then fell off the sofa

it was not the pole vault
    Through the window at fault
    nor the thirty story fall
    to an abrupt halt

It was the coroner's fact
    Being curled in a ball
    He was stabbed on impact
    Last edited by Gofa; January 22nd, 2016 at 06:52 AM.
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

I'm not telling the little smartassed, rich lawyers' kids I flunked in flight school where I'll be buried.

What they'll be doing will not be dancing. It will involve a liquid, and it won't be rain.

I always wanted to die like my grandfather did, peacefully, in his sleep.

Not screaming and panicking like the passengers in his car.
    Das ist deine Welt! Das heißt eine​ Welt!

We put on Fathers stone what he had always asked for...

"He always did his best"

It was a double grave with a double stone, so when Mother finally joined him, years later, my sisters decided, without asking me what I thought, to add...

"Together again" or "Together again at last"

I have no idea - I will just have my name and dob/dod on mine - if I have one.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Really? Isn't everything part of life's rich pattern - the rough as well as the smooth, and the highs as much as the lows?
    when you keep finding more lows than high I tend to focus on the negative more
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Here lies Olly
    Thank God he's gone
    In his latter years he went on and on
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Here Lies The Green Shield
    1989-2015
    Died of something Embarrassing. Really, we all knew it was coming, even HE told us.

CAUSE OF DEATH
    • Slipped (somehow) on wet asphalt and cracked his head open.
    • Slipped in the bathtub and drowned, somehow.
    • Fell off a ladder...somehow.
    • Lost his balance and cracked his skull open on something hard.
    • Died of a common cold...somehow.

Yeah, um...just yeah...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast