80th Purple Patch Rewarded Today!

Thread: 80th Purple Patch Rewarded Today!

Thumbs up 80th Purple Patch Rewarded Today!

Name: The Purple Patch
    Awarded by Mentors to members who distinguish themselves on the forum.
    Members who received this award: 80

On January 6th, 2016, I stumbled upon a blog article with a list of writing communities. The Writing Forums (WF) was the most intriguing name that stood out from the list. Perhaps, it was straightforward. The simplicity alone was inviting. Perhaps, it was the layout. I am a member on other vBulletin forums since 2011. It was, in fact, the community itself. A forum for all writers to express themselves however they please, in accordance to Da Rules, through the most inspiring mentors and educators of English literature. No, seriously, you guys are that amazing. After taking a brief look across the forums on WF, I knew this was a new place I could call home. I joined Writing Forums with one intention in mind. Take my socks off, put my feet on a fancy ottoman, and watch the Crazy Cat Lady's cat stare me down for taking their territorial furniture. Sorry, Fluffy. The intention was rather altruistic than selfish. I wanted to improve and refine my own writing through the assistance of volunteering my own time to others achieving the same.

After reading through Da Rules, and many other well-formatted outlines provided for new members, I knew this community was committed to reinforcing quality over quantity. This is where I stepped in to show my capabilities in the past week. I dove into many different forums to get a taste of the Writing Forums core. I ventured too deep and discovered the doors of abandoned groups. It was unfortunate, behind the gloss, to witness these abandoned groups. That's where I stepped even further into my commitment of being a member here. I believe these groups present potential to become outlets for invaluable resources outside the main forums. Now, I am willing to take the offer of maintaining two groups for restoration. Young Writers and New Writers Bunch will not only provide access to invaluable resources for writing, but they will be the portals to step away from life's perils.

As it's a common trend to join WF but shortly leave to take care of life's challenges, I want WF to be the resource in mind to take a breath of fresh air. I want people to feel comfortable coming back here to just relax. Forget the writing. Just be here. Show your presence. Let us know what's going on. You're still writing any way you look at it. I want to encourage all members to take part in a group, whether previously created or brand new, and allow this community to take part in the pleasures outside of writing. In fact, let's refine our writing skills through interest groups as a motivation to write more. As suggested on the Abandoned Groups thread, Crazy Cat Ladies would be a great hit for anyone to post pictures of their four legged children.

After critiquing on several poems, intimate scenes, and short stories within a week, I came home to a notification today from Cran that blew my mind. Yes, I am still picking up the pieces of brain matter. I've seen Cran around the forums, but never in my Inbox. It was titled, "
    Congratulations! You have got a new award!" I paused for a few minutes. I looked at the computer calendar. The monthly writing competitions weren't over yet. Why would I be receiving an award? I read further. I became the 80th recipient of the Purple Patch. An award to represent my extraordinary efforts that distinguish my membership here at Writing Forums. It was an honor for me to proudly accept this reward, and admire it for a few minutes. "This is just the beginning," I thought. "One week of dedication." I smiled at the virtually appealing award again. "I am here to stay."

I would like to thank everyone for their support, praise, and acceptance. I would like to thank everyone who has motivated me to come back every day for a week. You have all provided the resources to pursue my writing endeavors, including companionship. Let us build WF to a higher standard for 2016. Let us continue to provide invaluable resources to our community from experiences. Together, the collaboration of our skills will be the force that drives us apart from the rest.

Thank you.

- Anthony

Okay now, listen, you impertinent young whippersnapper...

Congratulations! Or in cat speak, conga rats!

Maybe I should start a group about cats, but I love dogs too. I think I will do it! We could post poems and writes about cats, pictures, cartoons, anything about cats. What do y'all think?

But we need dogs too. And other pets like birds, snakes, lizards, goldfish....whatever. Who would join me in starting The Crazy Cat Lady's Critter Corner?

How's that for a name? What do you think, PC?

I looked at the list of groups. It made me a little sad to see many abandoned. The only thing that will make me leave this place is either total paralysis or death. I'm here for the long run.

I too fell in love with this place. Let me tell you a story, PC.

I wrote a book. I didn't have much help or support at all. I did it on sheer willpower and a sense of humor, with a couple of friends supporting me. Oh....if I had only known of this place then, I may not have had to self-publish. But I did sell out of all my copies, and I was pretty happy with that.

A very frustrated and unhappy person found this place last October. This person knew she needed help. This person didn't realize that by helping herself and jumping in and enjoying others' works, she herself would learn and grow. She didn't know that a vast writing world unfolded before her, bringing new challenges and the opportunity to get out of her comfort zone. She had no idea what joys lay ahead of her...until they rose to her and began pulling her along.

This person was me. I was bitter, unhappy, and wishing I were better. Well...all that mess is gone. I'm getting better, and dogpaddling in the midst of Olympic writers....and loving every minute of it! I may come in dead last in a competition, but WOW!! I get helpful critiques and tons of ideas now! I don't care to win...I care about learning. And I love all of these precious folks here, who have been so patient, kind, helpful, supportive, and encouraging to me.

For me now, PC, the last three months here have been Heaven on earth.

It will be for you, too...I think it has already. I feel your enthusiasm! I loved your post.

I'll get on The Crazy Cat Lady's Critter Corner, unless you have a better name for it, you little mess.

By the way, I have some Mafia friends, Bruno and Vinnie. They break knees.

Just saying.

LOL!

I remember when I got my Purple Patch. It was just amazing!

Conga rats!

And a little lesson from the Crazy Cat lady:

In the beginning, this was how I felt:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Throwit2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	11255

Now.....so much different!

Name:	0_ce1fc_d8ca5c5c_orig.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	11256

I love this place, and glad to see that you do also.
    Last edited by Hairball; January 14th, 2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: typo

Impertinent. Definition please? Could you use that in another sentence, please? Impertinent. I-M-not-impertinent. Ha, whippersnapper. Well, aren't you showing off your early 30's with such vocabulary!

Wait, conga. Why does that sound familiar? Instruments? Drum rats? Yes, I love your drive to feed the fire. Feel free to encourage other members to create groups for all animals of interest. If it gets out of hand, too many ruffled feathers, maybe reinforce animal groups to regions of interest? Sorry Conure Critics, your group has merged with Central and South America Petting Zoo. It would be rather awkward to see cat and dogs merge into one group. That's very conflicting, almost like Red Sox and Yankees fans. I really like the name you've chosen though. Please move forward with The Crazy Cat Lady's Critter Corner. Approved!

I enjoyed your inspiring story. It's a pleasure to see someone grow and develop from valuable experiences. Ha, Mafia? Lady, you're barking, er .. climbing up the wrong tree! I'm Italian.

I am also pleased to see the increase in activity throughout the groups. The Coffee Crew, I am pleased to see the tables are dusted and clean. The coffee smells great! I may just walk in one day and grab a cup.

Thanks everyone for your continued efforts to making WF a better community.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinzeCharming View Post
    Impertinent. Definition please? Could you use that in another sentence, please? Impertinent. I-M-not-impertinent. Ha, whippersnapper. Well, aren't you showing off your early 30's with such vocabulary!

Wait, conga. Why does that sound familiar? Instruments? Drum rats? Yes, I love your drive to feed the fire. Feel free to encourage other members to create groups for all animals of interest. If it gets out of hand, too many ruffled feathers, maybe reinforce animal groups to regions of interest? Sorry Conure Critics, your group has merged with Central and South America Petting Zoo. It would be rather awkward to see cat and dogs merge into one group. That's very conflicting, almost like Red Sox and Yankees fans. I really like the name you've chosen though. Please move forward with The Crazy Cat Lady's Critter Corner. Approved!

I enjoyed your inspiring story. It's a pleasure to see someone grow and develop from valuable experiences. Ha, Mafia? Lady, you're barking, er .. climbing up the wrong tree! I'm Italian.

I am also pleased to see the increase in activity throughout the groups. The Coffee Crew, I am pleased to see the tables are dusted and clean. The coffee smells great! I may just walk in one day and grab a cup.

Thanks everyone for your continued efforts to making WF a better community.

Take care.
    Just remember...you little mess...

Name:	judgegrumpy1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	11272

Pook: Oh geez, Grumpy cat again...and that Prinz guy, too.
    Saav: NO! Really? Let me --
    Pook: **Smacks Saav away** No, I'll take care of this one.

Name:	candy-crush-Grumpy-Cat.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	11323