my poetic ramblings - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my poetic ramblings

EllaLouis..your reply is everything and more i like to read regarding poets on this site...amateur poets is a distinction that is based on being published or qualified as such maybe but i guess here we have a mix of both and i myself find the line blurred and often only recognise the fact that sometimes both camps write fantastic poetry and on other occasions not so good..what we have here is real time poetry were there is a history through correspondence and appreciation that can lead us into the poets style,meaning and metaphor which is so arbitrary and defined that it makes for understanding the things that appeal to us more than what the poet offers..we all take something and give something in return a bit of ourselves and that is so special on here..cool...old greek proverb don't exercise after a kebab the night before..630AD
    The only one who can heal you is you.

I agree with all of this -- including the kebab warning

Yup, the lines are blurred between published regularly in print/e-zine and/or MFA poets on the one hand, and amateur poets like me on the other -- especially in a workshop situation, which is what we have here in most of the poetry forums, I assume (total newbie in this jungle!)
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

Maybe another distinction is famous versus infamous poets... LOL!
    -----
    NaPoWriMo Medallist twice. Just sayin'.

your words could lead you into a world you dreamed of or leave you frustrated and rejected but either way what your left with is a body of work that will remain apart of you come what may..you are the words you write i think....this site needs new poets,writers to keep evolving into what it has become and more in the future....

i do believe there comes a time when you have gone as far as you want with poetry..recentley i have read over what i have done and i have acheived my goal...to put my emotional state, come what may into words and the feeling is ok.....never say never but you have to reach a point in anything you do where you can feel the need to carry on and i think for me..what poetry has done it's given the inner voice to some deep feelings that could not have been expressed any other way,well not in a positive way me thinks. Still the desire to read will always remain and long may it continue to read poets who have given themselves to words and shared their inner most feelings that are so powerful and extend beyond the words themselves.When i started writing poetry it was about a release for me and while sometimes being sidetracked was a pleasent suprise it has in essence been a selfish act on my part that i'm fine with on many levels..all in all it's been a blast and i'm so glad i done it..it feels good to say that...cool
    Last edited by escorial; May 12th, 2016 at 02:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123