normal

a manner
    of formalized
    madness.
    Aim low, hit high. Surprise.

like the insight and despair.
    a mad form of manner, indeed.

cheers Ned

This rings clear with a simple, yet precise message: Normality is a society-driven approximation.

Good stuff.
    You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them. -Maya Angelou

So poignant and true.

Cuts like a knife. Nicely put!

fantastic piece...has everything I like about poetry....and more
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Nice and truthful. Thanks.

This short poem begs for more. What is the consequence of normalized madness? Is there even such a thing as normal? What if the words in the poem revolved like musical chairs:

Madness

a formalized
    manner
    of normal

An interesting thought Tim

What if in madness, manner was normal. Then normal becomes something really twisted into a kind of madness. Which seems to be Fat's intent.

Madness

a formalized
    manner
    as normal

a poet friend
    RH Peat

That's what I mean. You could just keep these words rolling around to different positions. They all spin a slightly different light on the original.

Manner

A normalized
    madness of
    formal.

I agree with TL and RHPeat--y0u could keep spinning this around --play with them a bit and see if anything tickles your fancy Fat--there is a lot to play with in these few lines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast