Amazon opens book store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon opens book store

Amazon opens book store

Seattle see's the first book store opened by Amazon.......i cannot wait for them to reach Liverpool or the UK in general...i had to order a book of John Berryman poetry from an american seller as so often with american poetry it's so hard to find here....the book is like the record album i reckon...it will always be around...

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...-store-seattle
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Will they have "one-look" purchasing? i.e. as soon as you open the book and blink, you are deemed to have bought it with no way to cancel. Their website seemed to be fond of catching out the unwary, until learning how to navigate the labyrinth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Will they have "one-look" purchasing? i.e. as soon as you open the book and blink, you are deemed to have bought it with no way to cancel. Their website seemed to be fond of catching out the unwary, until learning how to navigate the labyrinth.
    i've looked in many books...the click on image..and view inside and i've not once had it put in my basket.....but that's Amazon UK....

Haha. My problem is not that the site is not-user friendly, just that one-click is there to begin with give that I'm a bookaholic.

bookaholic ....TKent...now that's cool in my book

I seriously have a special credit card for Amazon and don't let my husband see the statement...mmmmmmwhwhahahhahhahaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    bookaholic ....TKent...now that's cool in my book

But on the topic of the Amazon bookstore--it looked AMAZING! I LOVE bookstores even though I rarely get to one these days. One of my favorites is Malaprops in Asheville. Such a cool, funky, indie vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    i've looked in many books...the click on image..and view inside and i've not once had it put in my basket.....but that's Amazon UK....
    Hi Escorial. I am prone to exaggeration, but it's true that with the one-click purchase on, I have ordered things without having the opportunity to change details (e.g. which card to pay with or changing a delivery address). I use UK as well as I'm in Sussex. I finally found an option recently to switch off one-click ordering over the whole site.

That would never do for me Phil. Then I'd have time to think about what I'm buying and decide against it. That's no fun!

Hi Escorial. I am prone to exaggeration, but it's true that with the one-click purchase on, I have ordered things without having the opportunity to change details (e.g. which card to pay with or changing a delivery address). I use UK as well as I'm in Sussex. I finally found an option recently to switch off one-click ordering over the whole site.

Screenshots, please. I have turned it off for everything, but it keeps being there for kindle books.
    Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone.
    Robert G. Allen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast