Happenings of Hammy - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happenings of Hammy

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Those are completely awesome, hammy!
    Thanks Gumby ^_^ Starting to get a feel for it again!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Great use of light, and you've done a good job of balancing your compositions too. Nine, nice work.
    Thank you! Means a lot for you to look at my photos, with yours always being so awesome and all =)

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Hammy! Love these pictures... all are fabulous.. but the first one.. woooow! the lighting created an ethereal mysterious mood... I would completely frame that and hang it n my sanctuary...
    Hey, I can send you the file if you want it ^_^ Thanks so much for checking them out Fire!

Here are a few more I snapped in my area for some fall pics. I was fiddling with some of my effects my camera has.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaves.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	10301

Name:	leaves 3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	10302

Name:	silhouette.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	10303
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leaves 4.jpg  
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

Blog Entries
    Excellent shots. I especially like the first one. You see so many shot at shoulder height, it's refreshing to see a new perspective. All my photography books suggest it, but few actually do it.
    If I can't go down rockin', then I won't go down at all. - Waylon Jennings.

I think ground shots are really cool. You notice little things you wouldn't normally see. It's amazing the stuff you can find. Even if they are just leaves. Thanks TJ =)

Quote Originally Posted by am_hammy View Post
    My camera didn't do it justice.
    Unfortunately, I've found this to be the case nearly every time. The fog is never as dense, the woods are never as thick, the rain is never as hard, et cetera. You'll never be able to recreate the impact of a first-hand experience, the important thing is coming close.

You've done a wonderful job here, Hammy. Enjoyed these.
    If you're not sure how to take something I say, keep in mind that Bob Ross is my spirit animal. Hidden Content .

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”
    Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I appreciate you checking them out Dubs =)

I've been reunited with my long lost macro lense. The pics are a little fuzzy because I've lost touch with having a steady hand, but practice makes perfect right? I had to run an errand so I brought the cam along with me. I need to invest in a tripod.

Name:	DSC_0750.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	10380

Name:	DSC_0751.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	10381

Name:	DSC_0754.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	10382

Name:	DSC_0770.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	10383

Name:	DSC_0774.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	10384
    Last edited by am_hammy; November 20th, 2015 at 05:02 AM.

Finally your other talents are out there for all to see ^___^. I'm proud of you, moomin.

The leaves in the third picture are exquisitely framed, in my humble honest personal opinion. Really sharp and natural looking. You make that Nikon sing!

Keep 'em coming, pleaaaaase.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

I was about to say that you don't necessarily need a tripod, then I remembered that not everyone's hands are as freakishly huge as mine are. Seriously, they're like little tables. I dwarf my own camera, haha. Really, though, most of the photos I take are of moving targets, so a tripod would limit me, but you might find it useful if you're taking more still shots. I have absolutely no expertise beyond my own experience, and I have no idea how much experience you have, but you seem to be doing a wonderful job.

I've found that fiddling is the best way to learn about a camera or, well, anything, so keep fiddling!

I especially like the one where the trees are silhouetted in the background and the light's reflecting off the water. Keep sharing, Hamster!
    If you're not sure how to take something I say, keep in mind that Bob Ross is my spirit animal. Hidden Content .

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”
    Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Messing around today, seeing what I could find in my neighborhood with the snow. Was trying out new stuff with the black and whites and can't make up my mind about the ice shots.

Name:	flowers.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	11491

Name:	ice six.jpg 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	11493

Name:	ice two.jpg 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	11495

Name:	ice ten.jpg 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	11494

Name:	road.jpg 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	11496

Name:	bench.jpg 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	11490

Name:	trees two.jpg 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	11497

Oh, lovely work, moomin. Top-notch composition and framing -- your talent continues to mature. Your love of nature beams on every frame. Lovely.

The best pics make the very ordinary take center stage and dominate your attention/evoke an emotion in ways they don't normally; this is the mark of a truly good photographer, in my opinion. Keep it up! Get that portfolio going. The icicle ones are my favourites beauty-wise; I always hear bell music in my head when I see them. Another of nature's little gems.

The bridge has to be my favourite overall, though. The contrast is so nice, and there's a story there. Nature and technology in companionship -- trees, snow, bridge, lampposts. An emptiness, too, a bridge being something you associate with people and bustling.

Niiiiiiiice.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous!
    Swooping is bad - Alistair Theirin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast