One letter longer word not repeating either of its own first two letters

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One letter longer word not repeating either of its own first two letters

One letter longer word not repeating either of its own first two letters

It's pretty well all in the title. Post a word that's one letter longer than the previous one posted and doesn't repeat either of its own first two letters anywhere else.

Nothing that I can think of is specifically excluded, not even national variations in spelling and plurals, so even I can choose the American word "paleontology" despite the British word "palaeontology" breaking the rules. Equally the word "word" could be followed by "words" but doing that sort of thing will just make the game harder sooner as well as boring.

Once things get too tough and only the scientists who know long words beginning with obscure letters like "zy" are still playing we'll start again with a new four letter word.

To get the game going here's the first word.

"Word" (4 letters)
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Bunks
    Last edited by Teb; October 14th, 2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: My bad
    Rimmer: You can't just whack Death on the head!
    Lister: If he comes near me, I'm gonna rip his nipples off!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    - Robin Williams

Length
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Blog Entries
    jukebox
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Sunlight

Blog Entries
    Blackjack
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.

absolutely

Smouldering

Blog Entries
    Extravaganza

Psychological

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast