Things that please you - Page 3

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111353 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that please you

Blog Entries
    Y'know?
    I can't think of a damned thing.

Feel like one of those hamsters on that wheel.
    Or the mule that walks round, and around, and around, and around, grinding that corn.

Pleasure i don't do.
    There simply isn't time.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Seeing my grandson's interest in the natural world, buoying my hope in the human potential.

Sitting in my natural garden observing the cycles of life renewal and biodiversity achieved.

Having my canine companion by my side, keeping me grounded.

My wife in a happy mood.

My daughter's pride in her achievements, and the relationship her and her husband share.

The sun breaking through the clouds after a good soaking of life's fluid.

Recalling days of youth in the northern Rockies when the world seemed so right.

In short, appreciation of a silver lining even after stumbling so many times.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Thinking back to my childhood with my sister with a cup of hot chocolate or tea.

Tasting new sweets

Talking to a friend, making them feel better

Hearing stories from strangers
    Gestalt Prayer
    I do my thing
    and you do your thing.
    I am not in this world
    to live up to your expectation
    And you are not in this world
    to live up to mine

You are you and I am I
    And If by chance
    we find each other, its beautiful,
    If not, it can't be helped.

- Fritz Perls

My boys, Rue and Zwi.

Gravity and tomatoes...(Don't ask...)

Marbles, sea glass, old Ball canning jars, and sunshine.

Ivy, a plant I can actually grow.

Hedgehogs, Turtle, foxes, and slobbery purple dragons.

Spider webs.

The smell of a dryer running on a cold day as I walk the dogs.

Swings, music boxes...

Running barefoot in the grass.

Hot water, wifi, an old, but faithful computer.

Musty books, old paper, and the smell of ink.

Chocolate ice cream with marshmallow swirls.

Rereading books, writing something new.

And yes, chunky peanut butter and strawberry jam with seeds.

Sundresses and ragged sweaters, too.

Words with weird spellings e.g. Succinct, neutral, soliloquy...

Flowers, on the bushes, stems, and trees where they belong.

Pussy willows.

English muffins with the nooks and crannies, with edges delightfully charred from the toaster.

The word charred!
    Last edited by Darkkin; September 26th, 2015 at 05:23 PM.

Reading when it's good

Writing when it's good

Cutting into a perfectly cooked steak

Drinking an ice cold beer while manning a white hot grill.
    “On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed all the prices of ale. And on her behind, for the sake of the blind, was the same only written in braille"

"Ambiguity is one of the greatest faults in a craft. It comes from vague ambitions. One may inspired by good ambitions, but the immediate concern of the craftsman is to know what he is capable of doing at present; and to do it."
    - Edward Johnston

Tumbling...hit the ground rolling, only to land on your feet!

Finding little things in spite of myself.

That sudden laugh when it hurts so much you want to cry.

Doctor Who.

Miracle Whip and bologna sandwiches.

Waking each morning with the realisation that I have another opportunity to visit the most incredible place that I know -- reality.

Discovering an angel beside me in bed who is willing to accompany me on that adventure.

After that the list is endless. The colours, the shapes, the sounds, edges, perspective, three dimensions of space, the texture of fabrics, the taste of food, the strange properties of liquids as I drink my tea, the equally strange property of rain falling on my balding head or the sun scorching it and more and yet more.

The discovery in my mind of memories and the questions that they pose. Did these things happen to me or to someone else or were they just stories or something seen on TV? Does it matter when they are only memories, no longer having the incredible detail of reality? How could I possibly remember even a fraction of this thing called reality for a moment? Seventy years of memories mean nothing compared to the next ten seconds regardless of what happens in them. Just the sensation of being alive, of existing here in reality for a while, is so overwhelming.

Well, I'm easily pleased then. Maybe I just take nothing at all for granted. Strange question to ask really. Haven't you seen it, heard it, felt it, indulged in it? Whatever we write, however inspired and carefully crafted, is a pale facsimile.

What's more, with any luck it'll be there again tomorrow and I can do it all over again.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Chocolate

Bacon

Chocolate with bacon in it
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Ah yes, Serrano Huasteco peppers stuffed with Queso Oaxaca and bacon bits.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

As I go through I am reminded of so many things, the moon, yes, and the little and tawny owls that come to the trees at the bottom of the garden. Then there is the robin, and blackbirds, during the day, and in the evening the local flock of jackdaws come and skylark about, that reminds me of 'King Solomon's ring', a seminal book, ah yes, seminal books, I just keep being reminded of things.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.