RIP Baron - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Baron

Rob issued me my one and only ban here at WF back in the days when I was new to forums such as these and had much to learn about interacting with the community. His vision for the Green Lady very much shaped my philosophy of what digital-social interaction should be. He helped me to grow. He will be missed.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Rob issued me my one and only ban here
    Me too! Ha! Good times... He once thought I'd had rubber ta-tas installed... as if... you see they don't bounce (the technology's not there yet). What would be the point? Pair a bobble heads, now that would something...like crazy-eye glasses (hey fellas, check it out!...*boi-wahrrr-er* Wow, mate!) Inspirational...
    Last edited by Kevin; September 4th, 2015 at 07:28 PM.

He sounds like a wonderful person. I wish I'd had the good fortune to know him.

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    He sounds like a wonderful person. I wish I'd had the good fortune to know him.
    Same here...very sad
    The only one who can heal you is you.

From the sounds of things, he left an amazing legacy behind. These forums have been a haven and invaluable tool for many, myself included. Gone, yes, but not forgotten. Condolences to his family.

When I first came to this site, I planned on becoming a great novelist and could already envision myself with a book series. Then it happened.

I clicked on the poetry forum and read some poems written by this guy called ‘Baron’. They were complex, beautiful, layered with meaning, and darn it, they just plain intrigued me! Who was this guy? And why did I feel like I had to dig deeper until I understood what he was talking about?

He was just that kind of man. One who caught your attention not only with his writing, but with his obvious intelligence, wit, and great compassion for those less fortunate than he. Later, after he purchased the site and I came on as staff, I learned that he also had a gentle, but wicked sense of humor. He inspired great loyalty in his staff and set the foundation and tone for this site to a higher level, one that we all -- staff and members -- aspired to. There is no doubt in my mind that we wouldn’t be what we are today, if he hadn’t come along when he did.
    He was by no means a perfect man. But he was the perfect man for this site, at the right time in history.

And so, Dear Captain, for the second and final time we say goodbye. Our hearts are heavy, but we can take some small comfort in the thought that now, you have indeed found your calm seas and safe harbor.

Oubliette

Darkness, a hermitage or oubliette;
    immersed in silence of the starless night,
    naught strains the senses, easy to forget
    the stresses that assault hours of daylight.
    Seclusion of the mystic's holy cell
    resides in stilled minds of everyman;
    a place to know the height from which he fell -
    to heal that ragged breach and bridge the span
    of separation by negating self.
    A voice, gentle and still, a light which guides,
    more precious than the world and all its wealth,
    a solitary space where wisdom hides.

----

Robert Staniford
    Last edited by Gumby; September 5th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I didn't know him either, but I sure like the place he made. My condolences to his family.
    "Self-righteousness never straddles the political fence."

Midnightpoet

"The bible says to love your neighbor. It's obvious that over the centuries it has been interpreted as the opposite."
    (sarcasm alert)

Midnightpoet

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Wow. I didn't know him, but I heard a lot about him, and I can see he was (and still is) a treasure to this Forum. Thank you chief, for making this place awesome (altogether with Cran), for a place we could call a second home. Rest in peace.
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

This is very sad to hear. Long before I finished my first book I stumbled through the doorway here at WF and was welcomed with open arms after feeling pretty beat up on a few other forums. Baron (Rob) was a welcoming figure and he encouraged me to publish that first book. I still have a copy of his book THE STARS WAR FACTOR on my bookshelf.

So long Rob, you are missed, but behind you leave many memories.
    MJ Preston is an Author and Artist at Large who hails from Canada.
    He is the author of the horror novel: Hidden Content and the Sci-fi thriller Hidden Content
    To learn more: visit: Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I'm upset, I didn't really know him, but I heard about him, and I hope he is happy in heaven.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast