RIP Baron - Page 2

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RIP Baron

Blog Entries
    I didn't know him- from what has been said, I wish that I had. May this place be a memorial to his legacy.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content

If it weren't for Rob, I wouldn't be here, nor would I have become the person I now am. His never wavering encouragement was a life boat in a sea of negativity that kept the pen in my hand. He took the time and patience to teach me despite my whining that I would never get it, and when I did, it was his praise that inspired me to excel. He welcomed me into the staff family and met my initial incompetence with good humor and kindness. He made this my home, and in turn saved my sanity. His impeccable work filled me with joy and awe, especially his superb ability for aural qualities that rivaled the songs of angels. Although I thanked him consistently for years, I shall do so one final time.

My eternal gratitude, most dear Captain, you molded me far more than you'll ever know and gifted me with peace. May God grant you the same eternally, and may He hold your family close to His heart in this terrible time and evermore.

Though I did not know him, his imprint is still felt today by the continued success of this magical place we all call home. My condolences and prayers are with his family. The greatest thing about writers is that they never truly die, but a part of them lives on with every word they put to paper. If there was ever a way to still our souls into the hardness of eternity, it is through writing...

God speed, Rob.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

"He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot." - Douglas Adams

I did not know him either, but I have seen his name around in different threads that have been started in the past and have heard a few things about him. Just from what I've read and seen, if he was not part of the process of owning this forum and passing it along, it might not be as it is today and for that I will be forever grateful of this man that I never encountered. I hope he rests peacefully and that his soul is at ease and his family finds comfort in the many memories they have with him and cherish those moments forever.
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

Blog Entries
    Like many others, I did not know the Captain. But knowing or not all I can say is to thank him for this forum.

My sincerest condolences to all his family and friends.

Sleep tight Rob, and may your memory be for a Blessing.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful comments.

It says a lot about Rob that I could have written so much more and still not even scratched the surface of who he was and what he meant to so many people.

For those of you who knew and worked with him, I know how you feel. For those of you who didn't know him, I'm sorry that you never got the chance to meet him. He was a great man and a terrific owner. Like our current owner, Cran, Rob just wanted what was best for WF and its community. I think that's why Cran and Rob sometimes bumped heads, for that's what Cran has always wanted for WF.

Rob's vision then, and Cran's today, is the reason why I and other staff members who were part of Rob's ownership are still here trying to keep the Ol' Green Lady purring. Rob taught us that we could have a great forum that wasn't languishing in the ninth circle of hell, and he inspired us to do everything in our power to keep it running like a well-oiled machine.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

We butted horns on several occasions back in the old Debate section and while I did not always agree with some of the stances he took, it was more than evident that he was devout in his efforts to improve the forum and maintain order and professionalism. He was one heck of a writer as well.

Farewell, ol' Captain. It was an honour to have known you.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Sad news. He saved WF from self-destruction.

Condolences to his family and many friends.

I'd never heard of him 'til now, but he sounds like a great guy. My condolences.

Raising my glass in his honor, may his spirit live ever on.
    If you're not sure how to take something I say, keep in mind that Bob Ross is my spirit animal. Hidden Content .

“The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.”
    Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

sorry to hear this. when i 1st started writing, he accepted the 1st story i ever got published
    for "Motley Press" zine. that went a long way in helping me believe in myself as a writer. he was
    a great person and is a great soul.

godspeed, my friend.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.”

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast