A book you hated by an author you love? - Page 4

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A book you hated by an author you love?

Quote Originally Posted by J Anfinson View Post
    The older Stephen King stuff up to around "On Writing" is about all I have read of his. His newer stuff just doesn't seem to interest me. It seems like he's changed over time, though I'm not saying that's a bad thing because some people obviously like it
    For me, King's writing changed when he sobered up ... but I still love him.
    My candle burns at both ends / It will not last the night,
    But ah, my foes and oh, my friends / It gives a lovely light.
    Edna St. Vincent Millay

I have just finished The Book of Bones by John Connolly, the latest in his Charlie Parker series. I have read all 17 of the books and normally can't wait for the next release. This one was 700-odd pages long, absolutely padded out with historical background stuff (of no interest whatsoever), and Charlie Parker was reduced to a man in a short black overcoat, who popped up very occasionally in a short black overcoat, philosophised briefly and disappeared again. Angel and Louis were tired, injured, ailing and appeared very briefly and unrealistically. Disappointed doesn't even begin to cover it.
    My candle burns at both ends / It will not last the night,
    But ah, my foes and oh, my friends / It gives a lovely light.
    Edna St. Vincent Millay

The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens.

Ouch.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234