Without further ado, I give you episode two!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Without further ado, I give you episode two!

Without further ado, I give you episode two!

Hello WF!

After much effort, the Media Team is back again to bring you episode two of our Flashes of Brilliance podcast. The delay has been fierce and gruesome, but hopefully it was well worth the wait!

Congratulations to Pidgeon84 and musichal, as their poems were chosen from the podcast submissions last month. Many thanks to everyone who participated and please be on the lookout for the August submissions thread!

Many thanks to KnightPlutonian, rcallaci, joshybo, and Nellie for graciously allowing us to read their winning stories and poem for the Competitions and Poetry Challenge held in May and June.

Content Advisory - Please note that there is language used in the Colors of Fiction story, so be mindful if you are listening and don't particularly favor swearing.

Thank you all again for your patience and I hope all of you enjoy it immensely.

*Drum Rolls*

Voila!

".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

ashley

Wonderful podcast- My story thanks you- you gave it life- The whole podcast was a delight to hear- Your voice was a pleasure to listen too and the content was a joy for the ears to hear. You're a treasure of the WF...

my warmest
    bob
    Nature weeps, the devil sings
    at mans greed and pride
    and what it brings

Just lots of useless
    little things

Very nice work, Ashley! Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of this project. There were a lot of great pieces featured in the episode and you did an excellent job of bringing them each to life. Looking forward to listening to the next episode!

Great job, Hammy. I just love listening to these podcasts and all the pieces that were featured are a credit to WF. Well done everyone!

For a second episode, that's shockingly close to a radio-quality broadcast -- much closer than many I've heard try this medium out in the early stages. Well done, Ash! I knew you could do it. I look forward to hearing it get better and better.

I particularly liked how you read the poetry. I never realized how much fun it is to listen to; I've only ever read poetry, so it was a nice surprise. Excellent poems, too, especially Nellie's lonely vision of a locked-up mind, and Pidge's cheekily violent character piece (I got such a strong vision of Harley Quinn, haha).

The fade-out of the music at the end was perfect, too... Just saying.

Coooooooool.
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Ah! It came out so good! I'm so happy with how everything came together. You're beautiful Hammy XD
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

Question: Are there plans to publish this to the WritingForums Spreaker page? I was going to make a post about this on my Facebook and Twitter and I linked to Spreaker last time, so I was going to try to keep it consistent if possible. If not, that is fine, just checking.

Just a massive thank you to everyone that has listened thus far and will continue to listen. As a media team, we've planned out for awhile how we wanted to do all of this so I'm so glad it's being so well received!

Quote Originally Posted by rcallaci View Post
    ashley

Wonderful podcast- My story thanks you- you gave it life- The whole podcast was a delight to hear- Your voice was a pleasure to listen too and the content was a joy for the ears to hear. You're a treasure of the WF...

my warmest
    bob
    Thanks so much bob! I'm glad my reading of your story didn't disappoint and thank you for allowing me to read it =)

Quote Originally Posted by TKent View Post
    This rocks - both content and delivery!!
    Thanks TK! And for all your pointers and help along the way too!! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by joshybo View Post
    Very nice work, Ashley! Thanks again for the opportunity to be a part of this project. There were a lot of great pieces featured in the episode and you did an excellent job of bringing them each to life. Looking forward to listening to the next episode!
    Any time Josh! Glad you enjoyed and I'm glad my delivery was solid. Next episode will be even better! =)

Quote Originally Posted by jenthepen View Post
    Great job, Hammy. I just love listening to these podcasts and all the pieces that were featured are a credit to WF. Well done everyone!
    Warms my heart Jen. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Spatola View Post
    For a second episode, that's shockingly close to a radio-quality broadcast -- much closer than many I've heard try this medium out in the early stages. Well done, Ash! I knew you could do it. I look forward to hearing it get better and better.

I particularly liked how you read the poetry. I never realized how much fun it is to listen to; I've only ever read poetry, so it was a nice surprise. Excellent poems, too, especially Nellie's lonely vision of a locked-up mind, and Pidge's cheekily violent character piece (I got such a strong vision of Harley Quinn, haha).

The fade-out of the music at the end was perfect, too... Just saying.

Coooooooool.
    You are too kind Bruno. I've said before about poetry that it should also be read aloud to be heard. I'm only ever hoping to read these stories and poems with the respect they deserve and hope I do them some small justice. Thank you for listening ^___^

Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeon84 View Post
    Ah! It came out so good! I'm so happy with how everything came together. You're beautiful Hammy XD
    Awww Pidge, don't make me blush ^_^ All I really did was read it. All of you are the ones that produced the fabulous content. I'm simply the messenger =)

Question: Are there plans to publish this to the WritingForums Spreaker page? I was going to make a post about this on my Facebook and Twitter and I linked to Spreaker last time, so I was going to try to keep it consistent if possible. If not, that is fine, just checking.
    Not entirely sure on that one, haha. You'll have to confirm that one with TK! =)
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

Yes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast