cause & effect paragraph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cause & effect paragraph

cause & effect paragraph

Hello everyone !!
    I really need help cuz i have a presentation about this type of paragraph (cause & effect )
    so any help ?
    let your Smile change the world , but don't let the world change your Smile .

Quote Originally Posted by amelhope View Post
    Hello everyone !!
    I really need help cuz i have a presentation about this type of paragraph (cause & effect )
    so any help ?
    Well, you haven't given potential responders much to go on
    The first thing that popped into my head was about superstitions; some illogical belief that a particular action prevents something bad happening. The reality is that if the preventative action is not carried out, the bad thing may well happen, not because it's been omitted but because the person is aware of the omission and his/her subconscious causes the bad thing to occur.

Is that the sort of thing you mean?.

Ah sorry , this is useful for me thanks but in my presentation i need to speak in details on how to to write a cause and effect paragrapg i mean the steps and the things that should be included in a cause and effect paragraph

Yair . . .

amelhope.

I wasunaware there was such a thing as a "cause and effect" paragraph!

Google is your friend though and here is an example . . . .

In recent decades, cities have grown so large that now about 50% of the Earth's population lives in urban areas. There are several reasons for this occurrence. First, the increasing industrialization of the nineteenth century resulted in the creation of many factory jobs, which tended to be located in cities. These jobs, with their promise of a better material life, attracted many people from rural areas. Second, there were many schools established to educate the children of the new factory laborers. The promise of a better education persuaded many families to leave farming communities and move to the cities. Finally, as the cities grew, people established places of leisure, entertainment, and culture, such as sports stadiums, theaters, and museums. For many people, these facilities made city life appear more interesting than life on the farm, and therefore drew them away from rural communities.

All pretty basic stuff and I am amazed it is a subject of study.

Cheers

Grantham, Lincolnshire - home of Isaac Newton and some woman whose name I've forgotten
    Hello Amel

It's not clear to me what, precisely, a 'cause and effect' paragraph is. Can you please give us more detail about this assignment.

If you're talking about physics, the principle of cause and effect is very specific with respect to investigating what 'causes' a specific 'effect'. So, for example, if you wrap coils of wire around a soft iron bar and connect the ends of the wire to a battery - your cause, your effect is a magnetic field.

If you're talking about human behaviour the effect - perhaps somebody's becoming a serial killer, the cause can be something so difficult to identify you can get caught up in all sorts of arguments.

I can even give you an example where the effect comes before the cause: In the dead of winter, every afternoon at around three o'clock, around 2,000,000 blackbirds fly into Bradford and settle on every available flat surface. An hour later it gets dark. Did the birds' flying into the city cause the darkness? Quite to the contrary, the darkness caused the birds to fly into the city.

Economists, sociologists and philosophers spend a lot of time talking about cause and effect.

Interesting stuff.

All the best with your assignment.

Warmest regards
    Riis
    All writing is practise for the writing that follows.
    If it jams, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacing anyhow.
    If you like intelligent contemporary conspiracy thrillers, you may want to check out The Bureau of Happiness
    Hidden Content

Amel told her tutor to stop wasting her time with idiotic assignments. The tutor gave her an F.

Grantham, Lincolnshire - home of Isaac Newton and some woman whose name I've forgotten
    Hello Qwerty

Clever!

I'm glad we've had this little chat.

All the best with your writing.

Warmest regards
    Riis
    All writing is practise for the writing that follows.
    If it jams, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacing anyhow.
    If you like intelligent contemporary conspiracy thrillers, you may want to check out The Bureau of Happiness
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Riis Marshall View Post
    Hello Amel

It's not clear to me what, precisely, a 'cause and effect' paragraph is. Can you please give us more detail about this assignment.

If you're talking about physics, the principle of cause and effect is very specific with respect to investigating what 'causes' a specific 'effect'. So, for example, if you wrap coils of wire around a soft iron bar and connect the ends of the wire to a battery - your cause, your effect is a magnetic field.

If you're talking about human behaviour the effect - perhaps somebody's becoming a serial killer, the cause can be something so difficult to identify you can get caught up in all sorts of arguments.

I can even give you an example where the effect comes before the cause: In the dead of winter, every afternoon at around three o'clock, around 2,000,000 blackbirds fly into Bradford and settle on every available flat surface. An hour later it gets dark. Did the birds' flying into the city cause the darkness? Quite to the contrary, the darkness caused the birds to fly into the city.

Economists, sociologists and philosophers spend a lot of time talking about cause and effect.

Interesting stuff.

All the best with your assignment.

Warmest regards
    Riis

No it's how to write a cause and effect paragraph in academic writing

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
    Amel told her tutor to stop wasting her time with idiotic assignments. The tutor gave her an F.
    Lol
    It's not a bad idea , i can try this to see how he'll kick me out

Quote Originally Posted by amelhope View Post
    No it's how to write a cause and effect paragraph in academic writing
    Have you done any research? I found info about C&E paragraphs with a simple search.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast