Can you make a sentence a story? - Page 4

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Can you make a sentence a story?

"I'll be out in thirty years," he said.

The slight breeze cooled the sweat forming on her brow and her knuckles whitened as the roller coaster clanked its way to the apex of the ramp.
    Rimmer: You can't just whack Death on the head!
    Lister: If he comes near me, I'm gonna rip his nipples off!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    - Robin Williams

The mist rose from the depths of the rolling ocean as the ship sailed on.

"Of course you would show up," I grumbled at the inferno growing out of my kitchen, "now that I've just redone the cabinets!"

She opened the umbrella, because she felt the cool splash of raindrops on her shoulder, but then she looked up, realized the sky was rippling and oh​: the moon is melting.

Edit: removed an 'and'
    -changing keys are tension-

Shelia hadn't meant to kill Jeff, but when she heard 'We find the defendant guilty', she knew her time was up.
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

As he looked out at his wife and child drifting further and further away from him, and knowing there was nothing he could do to stop it, the man wondered if there was a reason to continue living.

On Broken Promises

As he heard the door opening in-between the moans and screams, he knew he'd just destroyed his lifelong attempt at happiness.

To be an arsonist of souls is the best occupation I can think of... Even if you do end up with burnt fingers.
    Last edited by Raevenlord; February 13th, 2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Added title
    ------- To be an arsonist of souls is the best occupation I can think off... Even if you do end up with burnt fingers ------

It was all up to him, the moment of truth, the fate of the world, the answer to the eternal question, were their habitable planets beyond earth?

After 13 days in the Sahara it was quickly becoming clear to Steve that the treasure map he had paid all his life savings for was actually a piece of torn sandpaper with a child's drawing on it.
    Rimmer: You can't just whack Death on the head!
    Lister: If he comes near me, I'm gonna rip his nipples off!

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
    - Robin Williams