Getting crafty

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting crafty

Getting crafty

I've been getting into all sorts of crafts recently. I make stuff with polymer clay, resin and now I've started on decoupage. I'm doing a crafts fair on the 30th of this month and I'm getting all excited. My friends think I'm mad but I'm sure you guys will put up with my gushing over craft techniques and price discussions... uhm... hello? Guys?

Anyway, I was wondering... do any of you do crafty stuff? :3

Here's some of the coasters I made today, though they're not quite done just yet:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tilecoasters.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	8850
    Remember kids: Drink vodka, play Dotka!

Those are amazing!!!

I'm not super crafty, or talented like that. My only related claim to fame is my terrible abuses of people...

Eg. My old roommate and I agreed that we would decide together on ALL furniture pieces, so when he brought home a table and chairs that were not approved I kept them in a state of unusability for MONTHS...

He'd go to work, and come home to the following
    Examples:

Name:	FB_IMG_1435866965647.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	8851

Name:	FB_IMG_1435866977883.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	8852

Name:	FB_IMG_1435867039935.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	8853

Name:	FB_IMG_1435867044947.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	8854

Name:	FB_IMG_1435867029411.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	8855

Name:	FB_IMG_1435866987411.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	8856

Haha, that's fantastic! The effort required to set all those up must be so worth it to see the look his face x3

I can't believe how big a hit my coasters have been already. I posted pictures up on facebook and have had three requests for custom ones in the last hour! :3

I believe it, they are seriously fantastic!

It was a ton of hours, but there are no limits to my need for revenge!

Weeeeeeee, thank you : D

I think I might have to commission you for all of my revenge projects... what's your hourly rate? ;3

How well do your coasters handle moisture? Glass sweat. Absorption, pooling? If they absorb, does the moisture end up on the table. I have found it difficult to find coasters that perform well, regardless of price. Seriously.

How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank!
    Here will we sit, and let the sounds of music
    Creep into our ears: soft stillness and the night
    Become the touches of sweet harmony.

- Shakespeare,
    Merchant...Act 5

Quote Originally Posted by musichal View Post
    How well do your coasters handle moisture? Glass sweat. Absorption, pooling? If they absorb, does the moisture end up on the table. I have found it difficult to find coasters that perform well, regardless of price. Seriously.
    Ah, that'll be because everybody seems to use glossy material these days for their coasters and the water pools or drips over the sides, making them obsolete. Style over substance! Mine are made on ceramic tiles for style but for functional ones I use wood or corkboard :3 I think bamboo coasters are good for absorption without leaving stains, they're durable and they look lovely too. I have a set and no others will do for me :3

Hi Boofy,
    I can see why your coasters are such a hit. Good luck on your show.

My beloved is seriously crafty, cards and stuff.

@KLjo, you should send some pictures off to the Tate, y'never know.

I have an extensive knowledge of Mean Girls quotes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast