fiverr.com, pretty much the best cover site ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fiverr.com, pretty much the best cover site ever

fiverr.com, pretty much the best cover site ever

I was skeptical of the quality at first when I heard there are people in real life doing covers for $5, but I took the dive, payed $5 more for an HD image, and this is what I get:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2477.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	8656

This cover cost me $10 and I have the necessary publishing usage rights. An absolutely unbeatable value for this sort of quality. So I would say my experience with fiverr has been pretty much just excellent things. Have you had any experiences with fiverr.com? Share your knowledge, your secrets, your boons!
    Last edited by KellInkston; June 23rd, 2015 at 09:59 PM. Reason: I should have mentioned I also have usage rights to the image as well. A pretty huge win.

How are they with black/white covers (i.e., covers in color which look good black and white), like the ones for e-readers?
    Je suis Charlie.

"My ambition is handicapped with laziness." - Charles Bukowski
    "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” but “That’s funny…” - Isaac Asimov
    "Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things no one can imagine." - Alan Turing
    "Physicists are made of atoms. A physicist is an attempt by an atom to understand itself.” - Michio Kaku
    "No fighting in the War room!" - Dr. Strangelove
    "I'm friends with the mustard that's under my bed" - The Internet

In memory of Pandora, a beautiful butterfly spreading its wings above the Earth's realm...

I really don't know, depends on the merchant I guess. I'd imagine they'd be perfectly willing to do specific requests like a B&W cover.

Kell, that is AWESOME! Great site They offer all kinds of services. Editing and proofing as well. Obviously requires you checking the reviews carefully, etc. but I agree it is an incredible resource!

I'm so glad you posted your experience with them. I was considering using them.

Quote Originally Posted by KellInkston View Post
    This cover cost me $10. An absolutely unbeatable value for this sort of quality. So I would say my experience with fiverr has been pretty much just excellent things. Have you had any experiences with fiverr.com? Share your knowledge, your secrets, your boons!
    Kell, do you mind linking to the artist who created that cover for you? Incredible quality for the price!
    Last edited by hhourani; June 15th, 2015 at 09:58 PM.
    Find my novella on Amazon - Hidden Content

My blog - Hidden Content

Grantham, Lincolnshire - home of Isaac Newton and some woman whose name I've forgotten
    Hello Kell

Looks great. I've thought about them, too.

Not to pour any cold on your project but I wonder about any rights for use of the photo.

If, for example, your Fiverr gal or guy has pulled the original photo off Istockphotos, or someplace similar, it would have cost anywhere from about £20 to £50 - and even more for a Getty image. Any such cost is clearly not reflected in your $10.

I genuinely hope this works for you but I have this concern.

All the best with your writing.

Warmest regards
    Riis
    All writing is practise for the writing that follows.
    If it jams, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacing anyhow.
    If you like intelligent contemporary conspiracy thrillers, you may want to check out The Bureau of Happiness
    Hidden Content

Hey Riis, you work that out. Most of the artists start at $5 and then there is a $5 addon for copyrights etc. It is all figured out ahead of time. It is like any of the creative 'markets' though. Not all artists are created equal so you have to find one whose portfolio you like and then read the reviews carefully and work out the price. And you have to be sure that you are clear on what you plan to do with the work so that it is included in the price. There is actually a level of comfort in knowing that because it is through Fiverr.com, they would be a second 'entity' to ensure that the agreements made on their site are upheld. Otherwise, that artist won't be able to get work through them any longer.

That said, I've used crowdsourcing and elance type sites for many years and was already comfortable with the process. Not to mention I found my husband and my french bulldogs on the internet so I guess you could say I'm pretty good at internet sourcing. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by hhourani View Post
    Kell, do you mind linking to the artist who created that cover for you? Incredible quality for the price!
    I certainly can, dear fellowling.

her page is: https://www.fiverr.com/vikiana/make-...9-538d0ae56b44

I'm presuming a Russian sort, so her English is not stellar, she's done two covers for $10 for me thus far and both have been brilliant. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Riis Marshall View Post
    Hello Kell

Looks great. I've thought about them, too.

Not to pour any cold on your project but I wonder about any rights for use of the photo.

If, for example, your Fiverr gal or guy has pulled the original photo off Istockphotos, or someplace similar, it would have cost anywhere from about £20 to £50 - and even more for a Getty image. Any such cost is clearly not reflected in your $10.

I genuinely hope this works for you but I have this concern.

All the best with your writing.

Warmest regards
    Riis
    Heya Riis, I'm perfectly happy to answer that question.

All of the ones I've worked with have subscriptions to royalty-free stock sites, so if you're willing to throw in the extra $5 that justifies their subscription price, you're 100% good to use that cover in sale. Though you do not have literal ownership rights, you definitely do have usage rights, which is all you need for a cover.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by KellInkston; November 9th, 2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Typo fixed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast