[Health] Do you smoke? - Page 6

Poll: Do you smoke?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: [Health] Do you smoke?

I started smoking when I was 16 and stopped when I was 31. I didn't use any of the fancy methods that are around now, I went cold turkey. It was an addiction, though mild compared with some of my other experiences - the stuff that dare not speak its name (at least in this thread) .

it does without the social stigma and vigilantism that's attached to smoking.
    em hmm... they sure know how to get us when they want us. "you should like this, and not like that..."

It's a Colorado thing. You guys wouldn't understand...

That was a Marijuana joke
    "I like working with first time directors because they don't really know the rules yet. And therefore don't know any limits."
    -Sir Ben Kingsley

I've been smoking for 56 years. I guess if I ever feel the need to stop, I'll stop. But not yet. I enjoy it too much.
    I said it, I did it, I own it! Please get it right when you repeat it.

It's weird though I still smoke in dreams sometimes. If I see a pack of Newports I get a brief reflex urge. When you do it a lot it becomes as much a habit as breathing so I totally understand. The reason why I stopped was getting breathless with even light exercise.

Yes and no?

I have the vapor, which they haven't done much testing on yet.

They extract the nicotine somehow and make the concentrated liquid, which the device simply vaporizes, usually by heat.

You can still get a thousand flavors or additives.

Mine is strawberry cream. Hell of a lot better tasting than any tobacco, and it doesn't choke me out. Plus of course, nothing coats your mouth or lungs, so food still tastes good and I can still breathe.
    Need advice? Or just some cheering up? PM.
    Or bug me on Skype. Any time I'm online.

'I prefer to exist as a duality. Living alone is boring.'
    Crowley Karterson Jarvis

╙The Golden Crowl
    梟金烏

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley K. Jarvis View Post
    Yes and no?

I have the vapor, which they haven't done much testing on yet.

They extract the nicotine somehow and make the concentrated liquid, which the device simply vaporizes, usually by heat.

You can still get a thousand flavors or additives.

Mine is strawberry cream. Hell of a lot better tasting than any tobacco, and it doesn't choke me out. Plus of course, nothing coats your mouth or lungs, so food still tastes good and I can still breathe.
    i like the vapes because i can still smoke in a restaurant with one. and for some reason, it just irritates the shit out of some people
    to watch me do it. and irritating people has always been one of my favorite pastimes.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

I don't smoke for obvious reasons: its causes cancer, it makes you smell, it makes you finger and teeth yellow. It probably as other nasty side effects.
    But you want to know what really annoys me about some people who smoke?
    When they smoke around babies or young children. My cousins grew up with asthma, their father always smoked. Why don't people think of their children? I hate it when I see a woman pushing a buggy and their smoking.
    I just have the opinion that if you are smoking and you have children you obviously don't care about them enough to stop. No, sorry, you are just addicted and it's terrible.

I don't have anything against e-cigarettes because you can't smell them or be affected by them

[QUOTE=Jenwales;1866746]
    I don't have anything against e-cigarettes because you can't smell them or be affected by them[/QUOTE]

I am not debating this subject but as insufficient research has yet to be published, there are a number of reports stating that there might possibly be more harm in e-cigarettes than is currently thought.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenwales View Post
    I just have the opinion that if you are smoking and you have children you obviously don't care about them enough to stop.
    Thanks for that blanket condemnation of smoking parents. I'll be sure to tell my son, who is under the apparently mistaken belief that I love him.
    Has left the building.