[Health] Do you smoke? - Page 3

Poll: Do you smoke?

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: [Health] Do you smoke?

No.

I don't even like the smoke off a struck match, let alone sitting beside someone smoking.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmustard615 View Post
    My grandfather died of lung cancer. My mother is a cancer survivor. they both smoked. Don't let the hookah craze fool you Bel, smoking is dangerous, period.
    Well, what if you don't smoke very often? I mean I smoke once a week compared to some people I know who do it 10 times a day. There is a big difference.

my grandpa died of emphysema smoking camel non-filters. but he was old. he was like "dying age" anyway. ireally miss that old man.
    but...i think he'd be dead of something else by now if he didn't die of that. and he loved his camels. so i'm of the opinion that his smoking was ok.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

I've never had one. Smoking was something only the cool kids did when I was at school.

I wasn't one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by belthagor View Post
    Well, what if you don't smoke very often? I mean I smoke once a week compared to some people I know who do it 10 times a day. There is a big difference.

Okay, what if you become addicted? Nicotine is a powerfully addictive substance. You may develop the urge to smoke more often as your body needs more nicotine. My grandfather near the end was smoking two plus packs of Pall Malls with no filters a day. Why smoke if you don't need to?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

I thought I'd seen it all, but this is new: a thread asking people if they smoke and then criticising them because they don't.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got into my pyjamas I'll never know." ~ Groucho Marx.

"It is better to be feared than loved, if one cannot be both". ~ Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer". ~ Bruce Lee.

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few". ~ Shunryu Suzuki.

"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face". ~ Oscar Wilde.

"He who learns but does not think is lost; he who thinks but does not learn is in great danger". ~ Confucius.

All my friends and relatives who died of cancer died of the non-smoking induced kinds. With a handful of exceptions, all my relatives, smoking and non-smoking, still lived into their 80s and 90s. I've been smoking for 49 years; quitting now would probably kill me.

Funny thing about the smell bit. When I moved back into the old homestead, I smoked inside. My brother would come down on weekends - he's a vehement anti-smoker and I didn't smoke inside when he was home. After about 3 years of this, my son was home for a visit and asked, in front of my brother, if I smoked inside. I said yeah. My brother had no idea - but after that, the smell bothered him. Go figure...
    Has left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I thought I'd seen it all, but this is new: a thread asking people if they smoke and then criticising them because they don't.
    and vice-versa

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    To live longer and write more books?
    that philosophy might even work...except....i was so smashed on booze and narcotics while writing the 1st one that i don't even remember writing 3/4s of it.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    that philosophy might even work...except....i was so smashed on booze and narcotics while writing the 1st one that i don't even remember writing 3/4s of it.
    please stop.