[Health] Do you smoke? - Page 17

Poll: Do you smoke?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: [Health] Do you smoke?

I'm both the one who said, "more considerate" and the person who made the joke about dramatic stomping.

I've actually done the dramatic stomp several times, and each time after the joke is played out I clean up my mess.

Re: cigarette litter.
    I'm the same as Shadow Walker. I rarely smoke outside my home, but when I do the butt goes in a receptacle or sealed in a ziploc bag in my purse until I find one.

Further, I use the little baggies like gloves to pick up litter while I'm outside smoking, and always volunteer to be a part of the clean up crew. The only time you run into a problem with cigarette butt litter is usually when some non-smoker abandons all common sense and places the receptacle somewhere moronic.

Example, I was in a wedding recently and the venue chose to put the can across a field of ornamental gravel and soft grass instead of anywhere in the football field size parking lot.

6 smoking bridesmaids with no purse in ankle length, crinolined, taffeta and high heels cannot walk across that. We accumulated quite a pile of butts around the corner of the lot over the 8 hours of hair, make up, photos, etc. Which we cleaned up later, but guests parking on that side of the lot probably saw.

We'll go outside, we'll walk the required number of yards, hold our breath when a non-smoker walks by, and we'll use the receptacle, but placing it that awkwardly and then labeling the temporary alternate arrangements as "inconsiderate" would be a double-standard.

We'll go outside, we'll walk the required number of yards, hold our breath when a non-smoker walks by, and we'll use the receptacle, but placing it that awkwardly and then labeling the temporary alternate arrangements as "inconsiderate" would be a double-standard
    . Mmm... that might be acceptable... I'll have get back to you on it...

*Necro of value*

So I re-read some of the replies in this thread, and felt I needed to say that I really don't want to divide the community over something like this.

Also I quit smoking, no health reasons, just felt like stopping. What do you think?

edit: but I might keep my avatar

Good. You'll thank yourself later.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

And check out Gertie's blog on her favorite top twenty-five albums between 1955-2017 Hidden Content

They told me cigarettes were bad for my health, so I switched to cigars!!!.

Only joking, ain't touched one in 14 years.

I love cheesecake Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur G. Mustard View Post
    They told me cigarettes were bad for my health, so I switched to cigars!!!.

Only joking, ain't touched one in 14 years.
    i have actually switched to a briarwood pipe, now. go to this really nice tobacco shop with all these great smelling
    tobaccos in jars. it is better for me because i rarely inhale the smoke. plus i walk around thinking i'm basil rathbone off an old sherlock holmes movie.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.