[Health] Do you smoke? - Page 16

Poll: Do you smoke?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [Health] Do you smoke?

Somewhere between Dallas and Philadelphia
    You fools! Cigarettes are the new health food! They were growing unpopular in the states so we started shipping them overseas. Turns out, whenever those commercials come on for feeding the African orphans with just 5 dollars a day, the non profit organization just feeds them packs of cigarettes. Each serving contains all the vitamins and nutrients a growing child needs! Thankfully, the increasing amounts of cigarettes exported leave a surplus of junk food for fat Americans. Now everyone has access to Cancer, erhm, I mean food. If anyone is interested in buying some wholesale before they are gone, I'm also selling my collection of miniature light posts and DVD rewinders.
    If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same
    "The English language, you fornicator of matriarchs! Dost thou speak it?"
    Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Quote Originally Posted by McJibbles View Post
    You fools! Cigarettes are the new health food! They were growing unpopular in the states so we started shipping them overseas. Turns out, whenever those commercials come on for feeding the African orphans with just 5 dollars a day, the non profit organization just feeds them packs of cigarettes. Each serving contains all the vitamins and nutrients a growing child needs! Thankfully, the increasing amounts of cigarettes exported leave a surplus of junk food for fat Americans. Now everyone has access to Cancer, erhm, I mean food. If anyone is interested in buying some wholesale before they are gone, I'm also selling my collection of miniature light posts and DVD rewinders.
    Lol, remember that Woody Allen movie where he got transported to a future where they had discovered smoking and cholesterol were good for you, so everyone ate steak and smoked?
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Somewhere between Dallas and Philadelphia
    No, but I should see that.
    If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same
    "The English language, you fornicator of matriarchs! Dost thou speak it?"
    Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Quote Originally Posted by McJibbles View Post
    No, but I should see that.
    It called Sleeper. From 1973.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070707/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

is much more considerate of your needs than you probably ever are to anyone else's.
    So contrary to popular belief, the world is not their ashtray.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    So contrary to popular belief, the world is not their ashtray.
    Littering is a problem. It drives me crazy when you're driving down the highway and the shoulders and boulevards are covered with trash.

That sort of inconsiderate behaviour isn't really relevant to this discussion though.

Quote Originally Posted by KLJo View Post
    Littering is a problem. It drives me crazy when you're driving down the highway and the shoulders and boulevards are covered with trash.

That sort of inconsiderate behaviour isn't really relevant to this discussion though.
    Exactly. Littering is not confined to smokers - and most businesses/employers who have no smoking rules generally put out ashcans for the butts. If they don't, well, that's kinda like not having trashcans in picnic areas, isn't it? (ie, pretty stupid)
    Has left the building.

So you guys don't throw your cigarette butts? Cool... yeah me either ... I don't throw my trash, either, just cuz there's no can.... no, I take it with me until I find one. Bet you guys do that too, put your little cigarette butts out, put them in your pocket or hold them in your hand until you find a can or ashtray or whatever. How many times a day, I wonder? Unless your home all the time... cool. I only mentioned it because someone brought up that smokers are more considerate. And before that there was some mention of throwing things down and stomping them, which I'm sure was pure metaphor, not real.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Bet you guys do that too, put your little cigarette butts out, put them in your pocket or hold them in your hand until you find a can or ashtray or whatever.
    Actually, I do exactly that. When the family goes walking on nature trails, there are no ashtrays, only an occasional trash can. So yes, the butts go in my pocket or baggie until I can dump them responsibly - same as I do with pop cans or other trash. But I understand how some people think all smokers are irresponsible jerks. Stereotypes are so much easier to deal with than reality.
    Has left the building.

I bow... thank you, ma'am. I've had friends travel to Scandinavia. Their asides regarding refuse/litter and the lack thereof make me feel embarrassed.