[Health] Do you smoke? - Page 11

Poll: Do you smoke?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [Health] Do you smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Wellllll, I do love to smoke... I mean... what would you do after ... ummm..sex.. if you don't smoke????
    well, i think the non-smokers just roll over and fart.
    "Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.”

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post

lmao.....[ lights another.................]
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

well, i don't like the smell of fat people, personally. but you don't see me calling for them to be banned from restaurants.
    or banned altogether: http://www.mamamia.com.au/news/japan...ht-is-illegal/
    if you don't trust that source, just google "Japan bans obesity" and you'll find a thousand sources

Fat people smell based on what they eat and drink, not because they are fat. http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2013/...ou-smell-great
    ......and the same goes for skinny people and all others in between.

That's right. I only have sex so that I can fart with a clear conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I can't understand why non-smokers seem to think it's okay to question the intelligence of smokers, and have no aversion to using derogatory terms when talking about smokers. Apparently smoking makes us lesser human beings...
    Where has anyone done that? I've read where people consider the act of smoking stupid, but no one has commented on the intellegence of the smoker. Smart people do stupid things all the time. That doesn't make them less intelligent, or the act less stupid from the commentor's perspective.

In my opinion smoking is in the same ballpark with nose picking, tongue-studs, and really bad personal hygiene. I've known very smart people who did all those things. Doesn't change my opinon of the behavior.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    How do you get out of bed in the morning...if there is no coffee and a cigarette ???? Excuse me, I am going to sneak outside ..."Check the mail"... or something...
    I drink 16 oz of water, do ten minutes of exercise, and eat a piece of dark chocolate. Works great for me! I can't have coffee because too much caffeine all at once gives me heart palpitations. I can have tea but I always save that for the afternoon sleepies. I've never had trouble waking up in the morning as long as I've had a proper amount of sleep. I'm fully awake within 15 minutes if not instantly. I'm not sure if that's just me, or if that's simply how the human body works without a morning caffeine boost?

Quote Originally Posted by belthagor View Post
    Fat people smell based on what they eat and drink, not because they are fat. http://renegadehealth.com/blog/2013/...ou-smell-great......and the same goes for skinny people and all others in between.
    It's true. You really are what you eat. And if you eat certain foods you will be stinky. There are lots of other factors involved too, but obestiy isn't really a big factor involved there. Met plenty of stinky skinny people before lol.

Anyway, personally I think smoking is stupid but I'm sure people would find some of my habits stupid too. We're all entitled to our choices and our opinions. Just so long as someone's choices aren't hurting me I could care less what they do. So people who smoke can just stay away from me. That and people who wear too much perfume.

i can actually drum up an actual court ruling which ruled that the epa falsified their info, if you want. it's the phillip morris case.
    the EPA exaggerated everything for an agenda, and a federal court ruled they did in fact do that.

Dale taking junk science to the next level?

Warning Smoking causes Climate Change

If you love the world you will not smoke, you are endangering and entire planet

Where is the dam Sarcasm button when you need it :}

I have major allergies to smoke, have had all my life, just something I don't or won't ever do. I actually grew up in one of the first areas to ban smoking from eating establishments, bars, public forums, and college campuses. Having been raised in this bubble; it comes as a bit of a shock to see how common smoking is in other areas. The smoking ban is something folks in my region take for granted and I know we shouldn't.

When my father worked full-time, he would drive home at night and fall asleep at the wheel. He would weave around the road and sometimes wake up at home, not realizing how he made it back. When I talked to him about it, he said (paraphrasing): "I know I shouldn't, but I'm okay. Nothing bad has happened so far."

I view smoking in a similar way. A smoker might say, "Yeah, it's dangerous, but I'm okay. Nothing bad has happened so far." But why risk it? Are you not concerned by all the people who develop cancer from it?

Just like falling asleep while driving, you could do it for decades and have nothing bad happen—but all it takes is one time, one head-on collision or one doctor appointment where they find a spot in your lungs, and suddenly all those seemingly inconsequential risks turn into very consequential regrets.

Just my view on it. I don't think anything bad about smokers, but I wish they wouldn't do it, for their own sake. But perhaps they don't think it's as dangerous as I think it is.

Me, I see the word CANCER floating over the head of each person I spot puffing on a cigarette, like a hungry octopus, its tentacles slithering down toward the person with each new puff. Closer, closer . . .
    Last edited by Kyle R; June 6th, 2015 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle R View Post
    But perhaps they don't think it's as dangerous as I think it is.
    I could walk across the street and get hit by a truck - so should I not cross streets? Should people not sky-dive? Not drive race cars? Never do anything that has an even chance of killing you? I had a friend, years ago, who was told by her doctors to quit smoking, quit drinking, quit eating this and that - she ignored it. She lived another 10-12 years, died in her early sixties, but said many, many times: "If I have to give up all the things I enjoy doing just so I'll live longer, what's the point?".
    Has left the building.