So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 9

Page 9 of 680 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171959109209509 ... LastLast

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Work was heinous. So many people. The line never quite ended until about 9:30.

One more day then it's back to normal boring Hallmark. Weeeeeeee.

And there's a party going on in the downstairs apartment. The same song has been on for over an hour.
    ".... But if the while I think on thee, dear friend,
    All losses are restored and sorrows end."
    - William Shakespeare, Sonnet XXX

A very long and very quiet day with only four hours sleep after it. Pain not so bad though so must not complain.
    If you talk to a cat they look at you as if you are way below their intelligence to even listen.
    However, when you talk to a dog they look at you with such admiration and really do seem to understand what you are saying.
    Even if it is a bit silly...
    ...they still think you are wonderful.

May tomorrow be much better Sonata

In my PT the other day they recomended I take hot tub treatments (corporate medicine extending the revenue stream). I'm thought woo-hoo, this ought to be fun, but it turned out to be a cold pool with no one else present All it did was increase the pain when I got out and leave me all wrinkled. But we go on, the wife takes me out to our natural garden and I enjoy the birds and bees

Wishing you the best.

Site:
    Hidden Content

The simplest truths are written on the wall,
    where we see imaginary greatness in our fall.

Quote Originally Posted by am_hammy View Post
    Work was heinous. So many people. The line never quite ended until about 9:30.

One more day then it's back to normal boring Hallmark. Weeeeeeee.

And there's a party going on in the downstairs apartment. The same song has been on for over an hour.

Try working the front desk once they turn the holiday lights on. The desk can fit seven, and on the busiest Fridays, like 600 people will check in in one day.

If it's perfectly even, (which it's not) that's 85 and some numbers each. And each check in takes considerable time, since they all ask the same stupid questions over and over.

After saying the same thing in a ten minute shpeal to 85 people, you will be tempted to commit murder.
    Need advice? Or just some cheering up? PM.
    Or bug me on Skype. Any time I'm online.

'I prefer to exist as a duality. Living alone is boring.'
    Crowley Karterson Jarvis

╙The Golden Crowl
    梟金烏

A lot of packing and moving done/to be done. On the plus side, we were at the edge of the cloud front here and got a good 15 minutes where the sun shone through a chill but light rain. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful.
    Welcome to WF!
    Feeling lost? Want to connect with experienced members of the forum? Then meet our talented staff of Hidden Content !
    They're always looking to help and advise and don't bite... much...

Now looking back at the day I done good. Anyone in retail hell can identify. When they hire you it's "at will" and part-time more or less. That translates to if they want to fire you for any reason they can, it also means they can give you any hours up to the 15 seconds under full time hours in a given week. So the ball is always in their court.

Today I went into Job 2 to address schedule conflicts with Job 1. And they were totally willing to negotiate. As was Job 1, they'll accept when I am available and fit me in accordingly. Wow, two employers paying reasonably good who are willing to work with me rather than just replace me with a younger, perkier, droog. Apparently I'm doing enough right to be honored with leverage.

Watching Castle in the Sky and eating slightly stale Oreos...

it was terrible damn it
    let your Smile change the world , but don't let the world change your Smile .

42 DEGREES TODAY...SO FAR, SO GOODClick image for larger version. 

Name:	SS.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	8430
    I find the first five days after the weekend the hardest !Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	8431

Life eh?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.