So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 666

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    Two 16-year-olds at heart
    Attachment 26470
    Foxee, you just made my day!
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

An exciting day here.

My wife came in early this afternoon from taking the dogs out, and informed me I needed to check out a dog hanging around outside our fence. This doesn't happen often, and we're out in the country so a passing dog is not unheard of. Usually if I see one it's gone before I can get outside with a lead. Dutifully answering my wife's call, I stepped outside ... no lead yet ... and headed around to the front of the house. We're two hundred yards off of a busy highway, so if I do see an animal, I want to shoo it the other way. While I'm looking down our drive, the dog sneaks up behind me. I turned around and there she was. I knelt down, called her, and she came up wagging her tail and shimmying her backside just like she'd been mine since a puppy.

She followed me to the back of the house and was hesitant to enter the breezeway, but did on the third invitation. I got a collar and lead and walked her over to a neighbor who knows our area better than I do. She told me she's seen the dog in the area for the last few days, no idea where it might belong.

This is a very sweet dog and well behaved. No collar, so no tags. We're trying to make an appointment with the vet (harder to do right now), to see if she's chipped, but I'd lay long odds on that. No tags, hard to believe there'd be a chip, unless she slipped the collar. I won't turn her over to Animal Control ... two weeks and they put her down. So for now our Toy Poodles are putting up with an interloper. I gave her description to Animal Control in case someone calls inquiring about her, and put out some information on Facebook (but no description there ... there are some people who will spoof ownership to obtain the animal for bad purposes. So we'll see.

If we can't make connection with an owner, as soft touches as we are, we probably now have a third dog ... which means I'll have to finally get around to installing the sturdier fence ... been on my to-do list for quite a while. I have the materials, I've just needed the motivation.

Foxee, this is so romatic! It reinforces my belief: age is just a number!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

I'm worried about my best friend who's currently in the MH wing at the hospital for a suicide attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by John C. Denton View Post
    I'm worried about my best friend who's currently in the MH wing at the hospital for a suicide attempt.
    I'm so sorry to hear this. I imagine this means they're in lockdown for a while? I hope you'll be able to see them soon.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Hidden Content
    Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Thank you for your concern I hope she's out relatively soon, but she told me she'd be in there for longer than the standard 72-hour-hold because her condition was pretty bad.
    She won't have to self-isolate for 14 days when she's out, if that's what you mean. Trudeau said that only applies to people coming from out of country. Apparently the mandatory
    isolation hotels are crummy hell-holes.

No I just meant the hold, really. I'm glad she's talking to you, that's something, anyway.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Hidden Content
    Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Ah, I see. She only told me that info when she got in. They take your phone for the duration of your stay so I haven't heard from her since Sunday night.

Oh, I saw this great phrase tonight. It's the opening of a new series, Debris (yes, I do watch too much TV). I thought it would make a great prompt for something!

Of course we can't use it because it belongs to NBC, but it made me think of all the possibilities for cool stories!

"Three years ago,
    images were captured of a wrecked alien spacecraft,
    moving through our solar system.

For the past six months debris from that
    spacecraft has been falling to earth."

A couple of months ago, for the LM prompt, I tried to get members to submit an event (similar to the one above), instead of the two or three word prompt but it didn't go over very well.

I may try it again sometime this year. What do you think?
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Oh, I saw this great phrase tonight. It's the opening of a new series, Debris (yes, I do watch too much TV). I thought it would make a great prompt for something!

Of course we can't use it because it belongs to NBC, but it made me think of all the possibilities for cool stories!

"Three years ago,
    images were captured of a wrecked alien spacecraft,
    moving through our solar system.

For the past six months debris from that
    spacecraft has been falling to earth."

A couple of months ago, for the LM prompt, I tried to get members to submit an event (similar to the one above), instead of the two or three word prompt but it didn't go over very well.

I may try it again sometime this year. What do you think?
    The problem to my mind is that the longer the prompt gets the more specific it is. Having just judged 'Blaze in the Northern sky' I was struck by the variety of ways people managed to use this. Even where there was more than one story that interpreted it as the Northern Lights they used that in very different ways. I suppose that as writers they would use their imagination to get give us variety, but the more specific the prompt gets the harder that will be.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.