So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 665

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I've not been so well in recent weeks. Although not feeling badly ill, several medical issues have surfaced in quick succession, which makes me think they might be linked. Anyway, I went to bed about 8 on Saturday evening and slept solid around till 4 am. It's rare for me to manage 8 straight hours sleeping and it was very welcome.

Today (Sunday), I'm off to the local hospital for my first covid vaccine jab around lunchtime. I've spoken to a couple of people who felt quite rough the day after, but to loads more who had no reaction at all. I think I'm due a little luck on the medical front so here's to a side-effect-free jab.

Wow, that's a quick call up for the jab! I am so relieved you are beginning to feel better, Phil. You've had a rough few weeks.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Wow, that's a quick call up for the jab! I am so relieved you are beginning to feel better, Phil. You've had a rough few weeks.
    They are starting on the 60 - 64 year olds and those of all ages with additional vulnerabilities. That's quite a large chunk of people, but I made my appointment the same day the letter arrived. I'm 63.

Blog Entries
    Today I'm not feeling well.
    I feel very anxious.
    I warm up a tea, and start reading a good book.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Wednesday, we had our interns spayed. We began referring to the survivors of the litter as "interns" sometime last March when lockdown was new and my colleagues were posting pics of their pets as "coworkers". I posted this pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interns.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	26469
    ... and said "Someone catered breakfast and the interns are in the break room. Typical."

Later today, we're picking up a refrigerator a friend is selling rather than move with them to another city. It's got ice and water in the door (we've been doing two trays of cubes and a gallon bag to keep a steady supply of ice). It is also energy efficient, which the current one is not. Of course today is cloudy with some probability of rain.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Still waiting for my husband's appoitment. He is in phase one and monitoring the vac progress is like watching paint dry ... they are now saying phase 1 should be completed by the end of April ... God only knows when I will get mine. I just hope I get the jab before they open the borders and let all the bloody tourists back in.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

all this talk of jabs reminds me of britans crapest boxer joe bugner..he never had a knockout punch just a good jab....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Still waiting for my husband's appoitment. He is in phase one and monitoring the vac progress is like watching paint dry ... they are now saying phase 1 should be completed by the end of April ... God only knows when I will get mine. I just hope I get the jab before they open the borders and let all the bloody tourists back in.
    Is the problem with vaccine supply or about general organisation to get it administered? Here's hoping you and hubby get yours soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Istine View Post
    Is the problem with vaccine supply or about general organisation to get it administered? Here's hoping you and hubby get yours soon.
    I'm not sure. But the government eventually recruited a General from the military to oversee the process because the health minister could not even organise and orgy in a brothel. Portugal is a very poor country and as such God know how they are going to pay for all this. I would not mind paying for my vaccine if it helped. We just want our life back
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I was too tired to write this last night but I wanted to post about my mom's wedding because it's something actually good that's happened so far in 2021 and we could all use some good news.

My mom's in her early 70's and just married a longtime family friend who's 80. He had in mind to run off to Vegas or just run by a JP on his lunch break to get hitched but my mom wanted their families to get together. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that everyone found out about the proposal a month ago, early February.

February isn't even a long month!

So the families kicked it into high gear and got a wedding together. My Nonny (in her 90's who would have been a really great army General) propelled all the planning. I and the other kids were splitting up the cookie demand and making 5 dozen cookies each because this is Pittsburgh, baby, and if you don't have a stellar cookie table the family is shamed! (seriously, the Pittsburgh Cookie Table is an actual thing)

Anyway, the wedding was a part-solemn, part-ramshackle affair with a side of zany. Trust me when I say this pretty much sums up my family in general and my mother in particular. I won't go into all the details but I'm a hardcore introvert and still enjoyed it.

I knew that my brother and I were supposed to join the other family's kids to light the unity candles about 2 seconds before we went up to do so. A friend of my mom's blew the shofar to kick off the wedding march which was a bit startling in a Christian wedding.

When the pastor asked "who gives this woman?" and "who gives this man?" the bride and groom wanted us to jump up and chorus "WE DO!" so we did. And the pastor gave a hearty, "Those are the answers we want to hear!"

And it was about the most adorable thing I've ever seen, how into each other the bride and groom were. They're both young-for-their-age energetic people with tons of ideas. They were both missing a partner after losing their former spouses and I think they'll make a great team.

His family was wonderful, loved meeting them, we're looking forward to getting together more in the coming year.

So that was my day yesterday and your dose of positive news for today.

Two 16-year-olds at heart
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JM_Logo.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	26470
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!