So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 663

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Blog Entries
    Very positive day.
    I was able to find the perfect gift, for my mother's birthday.
    I want to surprise her next week.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Matchu; February 22nd, 2021 at 09:59 PM.

I wake up and these are the first things I see on my Facebook feed.

https://www.boredpanda.com/conspirac...KDF_WLO-P3-6S4

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vira...231355846.html

Apparently snow is fake and Helen Keller doesn't exist.

...Social Media, what the ever loving... -_- I'm getting too old for this.

Really hope they're just trolling because otherwise, damn. -_-

On a more interesting historical note, it seems Helen Keller flew a plane. :O Like someone sat her down in the cockpit, put her hands on the steering and let her steer.

Just decanted a bottle of Chianti in anticipation of a concert on BBC radio 3 beginning at 1.....not long now
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Just decanted a bottle of Chianti in anticipation of a concert on BBC radio 3 beginning at 1.....not long now

I'll be right over. Nothing like whine at 7:30 a.m. LOL!
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Just Paraphrased JFK - Ask not what a vaccination can do for you, but what it can do for your country...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

My 10 year old Chernobyl is no more...I put my beans in and pressed start...nothink...
    The only one who can heal you is you.

My sister-in-law rang, my big brother Martin died this morning. He had a fall in the kitchen and broke his hip. Confused after the operation he tried to get up and fell again breaking it a second time. He was in his eighties and he never recovered from the second operation. He was seven-nearly eight years older than me so we didn't do lots together, but he was always an excellent older brother to me. He was the senior member of the Royal Zoological Society, had spent his working life as a teacher, was a beekeeper and wickerwork maker, played French horn in an orchestra, and was an all round nice guy. he will be missed.

I spent most of my day in the garden and by the time I came in it was dusk, and very chilly. A full moon had risen and the birds were singing their hearts out right to the last of the light, beautiful.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Very sorry, Olly. That was a nice tribute for him.

You have my pity and sympathy Olly Buckle. I have 2 brothers in my family. They are my family so I know at least what it means in good times and bad times (as in unfortunate circumstances in life such as acquiring a malady or chronic condition). I wish you recover steadfast fully.

Well today I ordered part of the books I found online for sentence structure, composition, description, and narration. It was all guesswork and detective work. It costed me 100 dollars. That was my little brother's gift. I hopefully will have all the books by earliest next month (being realistic in delivery times. I got the gift early as an amazon gift card). The next money I will spend on anything I want. Next month I will get kindle unlimited. I had more pressings needs. My other brother's gift will be used for writing. Not to mention I plan to subscribe to two magazines for inspiration. That is a science magazine and a history magazine. By march 31st I should be busy writing stories. That's the exact day of my birthday. Style will be addressed by acquiring those skills. I had to dig like diamonds inside of a mine to find the books I think would help me. I guided myself by reviews. Topic sentences will be addressed. I will look for my dusty copy of "clarity and grace" by Joseph Williams. But the best points are on the internet. To write a cohesive paragraph you need a topic sentence and a character in the sentence even if an abstract concept. Since I keep making these mistakes I haven't improved in a long time. But honesty makes the writer learn by trial and error.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)