So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 662

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Went through some old stuff and made my longest video yet, about seventeen and three quarter mins. Do you remember 'Moonlight holder', Foxee? Olly's version of a werewolf story
    I think I'm going to have to watch that!
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

I have survived. We had one day without power, a different day without internet, and we're still under a boil water notice.

There were mini-adventures associated with some of it, but nothing really notable. We are privileged -- we live near a hospital, so we only lost power once, never as part of the rolling blackouts. It did last hours, and we were dressed in many layers and hiding under blankets.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    It is very rare that I take a person into dislike at a first encounter, but it happened a few weeks ago. Upon further interaction, the feeling has not gone away only deepened to the point I feel like a cat who has had their fur purposefully ruffled forward. You want to growl and hiss because they disturb you on a fundamental level, but you don't because it is not socially acceptable. Stupid mistakes caused by assumptions and general carelessness have not helped the situation.

Because of this, I have gone into avoid and evade mode. If I have to be within proximity, I quickly find a legitimate reason to disappear with a stack of books or to answer a question, and unless I am addressed directly, I say nothing. My shell is out in full force and it can be wearing.

Usually because books are something I love, people have a hard time shutting me up. I read incessantly and have a weird knack for recalling exactly where roughly 70% of our book inventory is at any given time. I don't usually need the computer to look anything up...basically, I'm a living card catalogue. Outside of a book shop, it is a creepy ability, but in my line of work it is a great skill to have, one my coworkers don't hesitate to utilise and I'm happy to share.

In this instance, however, it is not something I feel obliged to offer because I've been polite and quiet, and I have watched. Any offered help, is wasted effort. Being careless with books just pushes all the wrong buttons, especially when I am the one who ends up fixing the mistakes. Because I deal with spectrum issues, chaos in things as basic as the alphabet can drive me absolutely bats. I guess I feel a little guilty that my unconscious reaction on the first meeting was accurate. I don't like the feeling because it started as an assumption, but was unfortunately supported by further actions.

Just some thoughts...,

- D.
    Darkkin, I think it is good to rely on our instincts. We are in such an age of relying on other sources to guide us that we, generally, may have difficulty listening to our own inner voice. When my children were home I occasionally found myself saying "no" for no other reason than a strong gut-check that demanded I do. Sometimes there may have been no obvious explanation for the feelings, but other times there were. Even if the reasons seem inconsequential to others, if it's something you just 'know,' that's all you need. You are such a talented person and are blessed to have a mind that can categorize and contain volumes of information, but that doesn't mean that your instincts are not important too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Blog Entries
    Quiet days for the whole family.

These days I'm always tired, I want to sleep all day.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Blog Entries
    Wanted to give a 'thumbs up' to Newhaven, East Sussex after New Haven's blaze of publicity on a n other thread.

Newhaven is kind of horrible, yet as foot passengers here catch a ferry to Dieppe. Costs about fifteen pounds. Nice beaches, food, French spoken, cheese and wine, catch the next boat back to UK within your 24 hours. Or stay a while.

I'm up north at the moment so for me it is a Copenhagen lorry ferry/Rotterdam nights realistically. Scotland at a stretch. Day off today, night shifting sunday into monday ,,,,,,retch...

I do not enjoy shopping and the husband hates it worse but we all went anyway because we have been living the past year in our PJs and it's not acceptable to go to a wedding like that. Usually.

However, we hit some unexpectedly good sales and found a few nice things.

And I'm tired. Still don't enjoy shopping.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post

I am also not allowed baths until February. I win again with 12 months no bath. WINNER.
    So Matchu, we've waited and waited, all on tenterhooks as to when you would give us news of the great reveal. Obviously us in Brum only have bath on 30th of month as is normal, you just have bath once a year in Feb but even with leapy year you can't make the 30th. What you gonna do? Why have we not been kept abreast of the situation? Has youse had your bath yet, is thee using tin bath or pond? What tha washing yourselves with coal or soap? People want, no need to know, we've been waiting months. Are you gonna wash your hair? Details Matchu, details, in this time of lockdown many have stepped forwards to lift the spirits of the nation, Captain Sir Tom Moore and.... maybe some others, but you have that power Matchu to give us the boost we need to gerrus through to July and full vaccination. Please be forthcoming with vital information. Your country needs you. All the best mate PG
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Wanted to give a 'thumbs up' to Newhaven, East Sussex after New Haven's blaze of publicity on a n other thread.

Newhaven is kind of horrible, yet as foot passengers here catch a ferry to Dieppe. Costs about fifteen pounds. Nice beaches, food, French spoken, cheese and wine, catch the next boat back to UK within your 24 hours. Or stay a while.

I'm up north at the moment so for me it is a Copenhagen lorry ferry/Rotterdam nights realistically. Scotland at a stretch. Day off today, night shifting sunday into monday ,,,,,,retch...
    I took the ferry out of New Haven once because there was a fire in Dover and they bused out down, only find out there was a delay in ferries due to a strike. We ended up spending a lovely time in New Haven. I always wanted to go back.

However, once we got to Dieppe, we somehow ended up in Gare Du Nord, but it was too late change currency. I can't remember why we couldn't use banks cards. It was a long time ago...we were starving students. Maybe we didn't have bank cards, or maybe they didn't take foreign ones back then. But we ended up spending the night at the train station. Another story.

But yes...New Haven is lovely!
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Blog Entries
    Dear Peter,

I have not, as yet, had had, had the bath.

I imagined taking a bath earlier on, with our Matey at the taps, a secret wee, and like good old days: egg, soldiers, Whizzer Chips aside the coal fire (afterward).

[Yet] the thought of my poor poor, dear wife rushing for the plug, rushing to rescue, & summon assistance. These were scenes that sent a blast of pragmatism throughout bone networks. I relinquished possibilities of bathing behaviours at least until Spring.

I provide the single message of positivity. I think you understand when I say to you 'press-ups'? I began with twenty press ups every morning. Accusations of turkey smuggling had spread in the village. I combated gossips. Last weekend I achieved thirty press-ups. This morning a thirty-five press-up milestone.

Current trajectory suggests a return to my previous occupation of big, and often very little, the wave surfer, viewing Morning of The Earth on a double roll-over [earlier]. I sang the songs. But no doobie available. The need for simple bathing routine may soon disappear, and before 2021 is out I swear to embark on transit journey to Morocco I promised myself in '87 etcetera. You are invited as co-pilot +1

Mat [despair mounting @8pm shift start]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I took the ferry out of New Haven once because there was a fire in Dover and they bused out down, only find out there was a delay in ferries due to a strike. We ended up spending a lovely time in New Haven. I always wanted to go back.

However, once we got to Dieppe, we somehow ended up in Gare Du Nord, but it was too late change currency. I can't remember why we couldn't use banks cards. It was a long time ago...we were starving students. Maybe we didn't have bank cards, or maybe they didn't take foreign ones back then. But we ended up spending the night at the train station. Another story.

But yes...New Haven is lovely!
    That's funny, I 'slept' outside Gare Du Nord in about 1990. Were you one of those chaps surrounding the oil drum? [hoh, not funny]. I don't really know 'Newhaven' but suffer a tendency to romanticise Sussex locations in general. I took myself to Beachy Head once, as a tourist, was really angry with myself afterward. Real voyeuristic behaviour. . All best