So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 660

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

We have snow. And it's sticking. Even Galveston has snow on the seawall.
    Dream big, fight hard, live proud!

Yep, here too. About 6 to 8 inches so far.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Like to wish all a happy pancake day....
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Here's a link to the story, if you want to read it again - with updates! LOL! Thanks again for your interest.

Quiet Like a Chicken (hope this works!)

Sue
    Just as enchanting as I remember.... I love that the story is personal, and it is about a personal, intimate memory, but it is still so relatable to me....I grew up telling my secrets to my chicken friends, and later, I shared them with my horse.... this story brought back some long forgotten memories.... thanks... again
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemajic View Post
    Just as enchanting as I remember.... I love that the story is personal, and it is about a personal, intimate memory, but it is still so relatable to me....I grew up telling my secrets to my chicken friends, and later, I shared them with my horse.... this story brought back some long forgotten memories.... thanks... again
    Thank you very much! It means so much to me, and exactly what I had hoped for.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

I grew up telling my secrets to my chicken friends, and later, I shared them with my horse.... this story brought back some long forgotten memories.... thanks... again
    I did that, too! The barn was a great place to go tell my problems. Horses are marvelous listeners and so are dogs.

Goats are more like cats, they don't care about your problems but generally seem to want you to be okay because you're where food comes from. And they're hilarious to watch sometimes.

Today the weather is trying to be threatening and failing, managing only to be kind of gross. I'm thankful for a nice warm room to work in. Well...mostly warm.

Dedicated morning writing time is spinning off all kinds of ideas. Maybe I can get over my past faceplants and start working on a new novel.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Went to bed with a headache, woke up with a headache when the cat forced its way into the bedroom miowing, fed it, shut it in the kitchen, took some paras and went back to bed. Midday before I felt right. In the afternoon I hung some pictures with the missus directing, then went and planted leek and cucumber seeds and broke out the seed propagator.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Dear Foxxy, good luck with working on your book... I find that when I have a lot of time, I cannot get anything done....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Dear Foxxy, good luck with working on your book... I find that when I have a lot of time, I cannot get anything done....
    Me too. I wonder why that is.
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.