So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 626

Page 626 of 626 FirstFirst ... 126426526576616618619620621622623624625626
Results 6,251 to 6,252 of 6252

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Today I rushed to the heath, we three - and the others. It was cold, the wind spoke in tongues. The sky had been overrun by clouds, bruised like fruit they hung heavy, were pregnant with rain - expectation. The headman and the others had carefully constructed our idol, our wicker wrought man, his spine a solid rod of 5G. A mast devoid of sails. The wind picked up. The tumult of the tempest in the heavens, whirled in in unholy matrimony with our actions. We fixed the man from the phone shop into our totem and set the thing ablaze. Danced in the firelight. Until only ashes remained. Then we set off the C4 and saw, like Saddam, our oppresor tumble. Then feeling the cold, we washed off our wode, put back on our clothes, layers and gortex. Trudged back home. Went to bed early, for we all have to be up early, we all work in IT. In crystals we trust. PG
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

Michigan certified, Georgia certified, Pennsylvania dismissed the suit...Our democracy has been tested to its limits, but the laws established at our inception have held against the onslaught. With so much death rampant in the world right now, I know my hope should be waning, but it stands defiant against pumpkin spiced hate mongering. Pandemic looms, but vaccines are on the horizon and mortality rates are falling even as infections climb because we are learning, racing to meet the curve. It is not a battle of weaponry, but of disease and deceit we are witnessing.

As Samwise said to Frodo:

It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, itís only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didnít. They kept going, because they were holding on to something. That there is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.Ē

- J.R.R. Tolkien

I have hope in spite of myself...