So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 625

Page 625 of 626 FirstFirst ... 125425525575615617618619620621622623624625626 LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 6252

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Blog Entries
    Well, at my age, and I'm physically-fit with no known underlying problems, I won't be travelling. I don't see it being done locally because of the storage requirements, so maybe it'll be a while for people like me living out in the sticks. At least if those who are able to travel are willing to go for it it will, ultimately, eventually,reduce the risk of infection for people like me. Maybe, hopefully.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkin View Post
    Attachment 26162

A Tail of Two Kitties. My book cats, past (left) and present (right). Sometimes their similarities are just a little eerie.
    The cats are your Familiar. They Reincarnate to b w you. Your souls will b together in this lifetime.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Well, at my age, and I'm physically-fit with no known underlying problems, I won't be travelling. I don't see it being done locally because of the storage requirements, so maybe it'll be a while for people like me living out in the sticks. At least if those who are able to travel are willing to go for it it will, ultimately, eventually,reduce the risk of infection for people like me. Maybe, hopefully.
    Yes. U are correct. Ppl need to say home and out of the public as often as possible. My brothers county has issued a no travel law for Thanksgiving. Also,,,they are to stay at their own homes w their own families u live w. They will b issuing tickets if they see more than one family at a home.
    My kids schools have shut down again due to increasing numbers of infected students and teachers.
    We wear masks and limit our time in the public. I am fortunate to live in the country and we have much land and natural resources to stay safely active outdoors while social distancing from others.
    I still will not get my family vaccinated when the vaccine is released and I am prepared for the repercussions from the refusal of the vaccine. As a Holistic Healer myself it goes against all my beliefs.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

As a Holistic Healer myself it goes against all my beliefs.
    That puzzles me a little, after all it is prevention, not healing. I am sure you use soap and water to keep clean and prevent everyday disease, and if you cut yourself on something filthy surely you would use something to clean it and might well go for a disinfectant of some sort. Why let the disease get a start?
    Because that bogus 'research' put people off the MMR vaccine there have been some nasty outbreaks of measles recently. When the proportion of the population vaccinated reaches a certain point it simply can't take off and dies out, but with a larger proportion with no immunity there can be a real outbreak and a certain number of kids will be left blind or disabled, besides the ones who die, why wouldn't you protect your kids from those possibilities? Mine certainly got done.

What really gets my goat is that the only disease we have actually wiped out is smallpox. We have the capability to do so much more, almost there with polio, but how about things like leprosy, or even bubonic plague. No society lasts forever, and when it falls apart a bit they will come back and bite our children or grandchildren hard.
    Apologies I have duplicated the last two videos in error. Give me time I will find out how to delete the duplicates, in the meantime avoid the ones with a date instead of a title.

Changelings, my latest story is a science fiction story.

Stories from just over two minutes to just over sixteen minutes long, listen while you work, my friend listens whilst doing her work e-mails Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I went out, I was picking something up for a friend. Endless city skies the colour of streets and buildings hung like blankets, rolling in sheets of rain. All petrol sheen puddles - the irridescence swirled then merged in the tawdry feathered bosoms of feral pigeons, perching up on high like silent judges. But then again they were atop the law courts and her up their is as blind as an abstract concept. It was all a wash of watercolour paint without the pigment. White and grey, every shade betwixt and between, then the red brick terraced houses, huddled against the bland, their colour drained like my pasty winter hide. The shortened days and indoor living of the modern troglodyte. Staring all day at a screen that does naught but wind me up. But the streets - those damp-drenched floes of frozen asphalt, they were all empty, free. I traipse-tripped the line between the concrete and the sky, like I was walking on a wire in a circus. Five hour, I rambled about for, hither and thither, picking up this and dropping off that, listening to Classic FM and smoking serial sodden roll-ups. I were happy. In my own little world, one where there aren't crowds and people. I like lockdown. Space and air and room to breathe, and as the drizzle, cloud and mizzle, mixed all in as one - I stepped off the sky and flew into the night. Right into a brick wall. PG
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

Blog Entries
    I'm on night shifts. So, so a day as pink pudding, transform into manhood at eight o'clock, serve my master until 8am. Hope he doesn't hurt me. Followed by two weeks of holiday through the American Christmas period.

I wish I listened to Classic FM, or Radio 3 really, for my nourishment. Probably do the night shift twisted on Radio York. Wish I smoked roll-ups still. I wish roll-ups developed our biceps, regenerated hair growth, extended genitals, washed arteries with white smoke.

My God, Anthony Gormley was very annoying on Radio 4. I really really hate 'Lock down diaries' of the thespo-arts elite [on the airwaves]: 'In these dark times we have moments to examine ourselves, sniff the air, waiting for the supermarket delivery vehicle, a little piano brightens mood, and I write another masterpiece.'

All of a sudden a knock from the people's committee. Rat-a-tat, 'sweep the road you leech...' fantasy, nnng nnng perfect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201121_135326.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	26163

Rue Dog helped me update my reading log on IG.

Owl has been unwell, recovered now but I am building a new aviary nearer the house. I put the last one up in a hurry when we moved here and it is not an ideal position. So I couldn't get 2.1 meter posts, only 2.4, but decided not to cut them down until I had the structure built, so I am on top of a step ladder knocking the top of a post to get it into a post holder and suddenly the lump hammer went light. The head had come off and I braced myself for several pounds of iron to hit something, hoping it would be the ground. Nothing happened and I looked again, the head was balanced on top of a 3inch square post about 8feet up.
    Apologies I have duplicated the last two videos in error. Give me time I will find out how to delete the duplicates, in the meantime avoid the ones with a date instead of a title.

Stories from just over two minutes to just over sixteen minutes long, listen while you work, my friend listens whilst doing her work e-mails Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The r u s h for a vaccine is scary. Introducing any chemical foreign to the cellular structure of the human body is a radical procedure normally undertaken with extreme caution, tight controls, clinical trials, identification and statistical analyses of incidences of side effects . . . for starters. And if there is to be mass inoculations in stadiums (stadia?) and a lot of hype about requiring inoculation by (date?) . . . welllll, might as well put a dye in the vaccine which will make the body emit a discernible aura . . .might as well give public officials the power to arrest and imprison you if your body does NOT "emit the aura" after a certain date. Hmm--could we put your medical history into that vaccine, somehow or other?

No, I do not now and never have subscribed to conspiracy theories. They're a pack of nonsense. But Covid-19 has brought the world of commerce, economic growth, and global movement to a standstill and could well be a precursor to sweeping new attitudes towards freedom, civil liberties and the 'rights' of the common good over individual initiative.

Successful democracy requires eternal vigilance.

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

The proposal of mass inoculation in large stadia is problematical on several levels. No vaccine kicks in straight away, it is going to be a fortnight or so before you have any immunity, so large numbers of people gathering in one place to receive it poses problems maintaining distancing between them all and making sure they don't touch the same handrails etc. That is controllable to some extent, but they all have to get there and leave as well, personal transport simply wouldn't work for most of those places, they are centrally located and cater for large numbers arriving on public transport, not in their own cars, even if they have them. On the face of it it could well be a recipe for spreading the virus rather than containing it, especially if it is as efficiently organised as Johnson's "World beating" test and trace system.

Hidden Content