So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 617

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Blog Entries
    I finally got around to transferring some stuff off of my wife's computer. A list of passwords to some websites, and a bunch of pictures. Christ, the woman had so many duplicates. It was time well spent going through them.

I finally gave-up and opened a Facebook account. My wife handled all that social media junk...before. But I still need to stay in touch with some people, even though I'm thoroughly misanthropic . Modern problems.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    I finally got around to transferring some stuff off of my wife's computer. A list of passwords to some websites, and a bunch of pictures. Christ, the woman had so many duplicates. It was time well spent going through them.

I finally gave-up and opened a Facebook account. My wife handled all that social media junk...before. But I still need to stay in touch with some people, even though I'm thoroughly misanthropic . Modern problems.
    " I like it, but I donít get it." - Megan WF April LM Challenge

"Hereby copyright for all things Xonian and Xxildurim is transferred to one named -xXx-" - Mish The Question Game 2458

"...intrusively poetic, robotic way of articulating thought." - Sycamore LM coffee shop 347

i wrote this:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    (share it with someone you treasure)
    *flash*
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petergrimes View Post
    Sorry Mr dither... I um, I got carried away with... with you being new truth giver General and everything. Its been too long mate.
    Yeah Coads is obviously a legend but Grealish!!!!!!!! He plays for that team on the Witton Road, what are they called? Wait a second I'll look it up on internet...
    Aston Villa, who are they? Exactly.
    Overated, next your going to be suggesting some Team Tesco players from that farm yard ground The Hawthorns join (to all non English readers this is just me slandering any Midlands/Birmigham/Black Country none Wolverhampton Wanderers team). Your might be the Messiah but your a very naughty boy if you even think of suggesting any Bluenoses.
    Pope I like and Calvert Lewen, but Grealish only played semi-well for he does play for a pub team so is used to it. Sorry dither... , I respect you as the new Buddah and the peace ad joy that brings to me on a personal and spiritual level. But I've had to endure a lifetime of these teams fans. They are the Devil.
    Yeah but apart from that I'm fine... Belgium will win us tonight.

EDIT - I was wrong England 2 - Belgium (world ranking number one) 1
    Dither no doubt already had the score in his diary
    #nostradither
    That was a surprise to me too Mr. Grimes.

"nostradither" .

Next thing you know you'll have me perched on top of some remote tor.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofa View Post
    Write it as you feel it
    example

the Budgie Diaries

awoke this morning
    looking out the bars of my cage
    over come by a huge urge to poop
    aaahhhh thats better
    i can only stay with my head under my wing for so long before i am pulled back into the real world
    my seed tastes like shit
    the floor below me lets face it is shit covered
    polly wants a cracker
    Nuh
    polly i want to crack her
    closer
    but im too tired again
    where is my mirror
    time to dictate the dither diaries to that nice bloke in the mirror
    Better than any tonic, thanks Gofa.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    That was a surprise to me too Mr. Grimes.

"nostradither" .

Next thing you know you'll have me perched on top of some remote tor.
    I was thinking more that Ancient fellow (one of the classics peoples/maybe a saint (I went to a comp)) who spent all his life, stood on top of a really tall column/plinth, arguing with a mountain/volcano (yes my grasp of the facts is helpful, the internet is only one click away yet I refuse to use it, I'm that lazy) - I might be conflating two plinth people there so don't take my word for it. You probably have the answer in your diary anyway. Yes the diary. dither... in these dark and troubled times, when the world is looking for hope, a ray of light, understanding, a guiding beacon to lead us out of the dark, fear and ignorance - and back in to the sunny uplands of a green and pleasant land, this sceptered isle, you. You dither... you are the one who holds the answers. Those truths that the military industrial complex - Builderberg - the deep state - the lizard people and Ant and Dec don't want us to know about. Only you can save us. I stand ready to serve you. Sit meekly to listen to you. Bow deferrentially in awe of you. Call and the people will answer. Build it and they will come. We are behind you dither... (Woops, sorry had a panic there, my tinfoil hat fell off). Release the diaries. lead us oh dither... Save the world, save dither... Release the diaries.

So yeah anyways, unexpected win. I was a bit gutted Coady did't play. Not a great first half but to come back from behind against the worlds number one ranked team and win. Okay they were missing players but our home record, loads of win loss records, I were looking at them divvo and... well it makes no sense. I haven't recovered from the heartbreak of Euro 96. I were twelve, crying my eyes out like a little babby. That and being Wolves prepared me well for a lifetime of disappointment. But both are doing really well these last three year. What does that portend oh Nostradither for us as a person? Cheers mate, hope your well, all the best PG

#ditherdiaries
    #freeditherdiaries
    #releasethetruth
    #nostradither
    #ditheristhespecialone
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

Yesterday I recorded the story of Anansi and the giant snake and tried to upload it to my 'Story shack' on You tube... four times in all! Of course I didn't record it four times just tried to upload it. To check I was on the right path I recorded one of my stories called 'The Call' and it went fine. I think it is a bit to long at sixteen minutes and the phone can't cope, I have had it on charge overnight and will try again in a bit, but this does not bode well as it is from my repertoire of traditional stories and is one of the shorter ones, still I now have eight items, five stories and three limericks, and The call had seven views in the first hour and a half it was up, so something is happening
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

The clarity that morning brings

I think I have fixed the problem with the YouTube url in my signature, re-copied and pasted it and it seems to work every time now, and I discovered I needed a verification code to upload a video that long, it is there now if anyone fancies a story It is a West Indian traditional tale which travelled the Atlantic. In West Africa Anansi is the son of the Sky God, but by the time he reached Jamaica he is simply a very clever fellow, half man half spider
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    The bird spent the night in a box indoors as she must be kept warm, but the sun is out and she is back in her aviary eating a chick that has been well injected with medication and not looking too bad considering the indignities of yesterday. It is not easy handling a large owl when you want to do things they don't want, the beak end is snappy and nasty, but the feet end is near lethal. Grabbing her across the back so the wings are held closed and then turning her upside down and wrapping her in a towel is the normal way, I don't know what they did for x-raying. Also the vet had an emergency operation to deal with from a RTA right in the middle, so she was there from morning through to about 9pm.
    Dear Ollie, I was wondering how your owl is doing? I am fascinated with her story... how did you get her... is she friendly? I have an African grey parrot named Scooby, and he is a handful and takes a lot of dedication and care... but an owl.. that is so cool.... hopefully your owl has recovered?
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

My brother bought a pet dog for my mother's birthday which is soon. It's a pomeranian. My other dog passed away some months ago. I wonder if I will have to brush its teeth. Because it got sick since we never kept its mouth clean. I hope it is not a lot of work is all.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201015_140107_070.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	26084

Things sitting on my kitchen table...Ah, making the everyday look exciting. (I freely admit to liking my Instagram filters. potato_the_book_cat on Instagram for my sins.)
    Last edited by Darkkin; October 15th, 2020 at 08:29 PM.