So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 614

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Sooo.... backstory: Two weeks ago, I had a home security system installed (from a door to door salesman, which is a story in and of itself).

I woke up this morning at around 4:30 and when I couldn't get back to sleep right away, I got up to go have a glass of milk. My guy is an INCREDIBLY light sleeper, so I'm trying to be careful and tiptoe around so as not to wake him. While standing in my kitchen drinking the aforementioned milk, I look through the door window to admire the moonlight that I saw shining in. That was when I notice that Edward (guy in question) had not quite taken all the garbage to the curb. There were a few bags of weeds I'd pulled that he probably didn't realize should have also been set out for collection. So I figure I'm awake, may as well drag them to the curb so the garbage guys take them. I set my milk down, open the door, and... ALARM ALARM ALARM BEEP BEEP BEEP ALARM!!!!

Phones start going off because the app is all YOUR BACKDOOR WAS OPENED WHILE ARMED DISARM NOW DISARM NOW! The dog is barking, the cats are losing their minds. It's freaking pandemonium at 5 o'clock on a Saturday morning.

So I run to the hallway where the alarm unit is--conveniently next to the bedroom so it's guaranteed to wake us up if a real break in occurs while we're sleeping--and I enter the code and disarm it. Then I just stand there in blessed silence while my pulse races and I feel like I just got caught breaking into my own house. Then I take the rest of the stupid garbage to the stupid curb and don't even bother trying to go back to sleep. Ed gets up a moment later because of course he does after that.

Obviously, a great start to the day!

We still have an owl indoors, she has taken over the 'sunroom', and I have been taking the opportunity to do a bit of running maintenance to her aviary
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Attachment 26066

Potato Cat judging my bookcase...(The piles on top are not supposed to be there. Two weeks worth of reads that need to go back downstairs.)

My significant other definitively broke up with me, I watched orchestras play my childhood anime and game soundtracks while I cried, did not do anything productive...

Today was a good day.
    Hidden Content
    GOD DOESN'T MAKE THE WORLD THIS WAY... WE DO. - RORSCHACH, WATCHMEN

My day today? Hmmm..... woke up with a stiff lower back, didn't make enough money out on the road today (full-time Uber courier that was trying to initiate a career change when the pandemic happened, and it still without regular work), got zapped by a hobby experiment that nearly set fire to my desk, and now having absolutely nothing to do tonight.

I think that's all.

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Today my day is starting very badly.
    It's 09.30 am, and I'm already angry ... very angry ...
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySilence View Post
    Today my day is starting very badly.
    It's 09.30 am, and I'm already angry ... very angry ...
    Sorry to hear that. It is only five past nine here, but the day started well with Kali, the owl, flying down for her food from her perch and giving a hoot, it is the first time she has hooted in eleven or twelve days since she fell ill, so I am in a distinctly good mood.

I have been trying to add to my new you tube channel, unsuccessfully. I will get there, but I did manage to post a video on The story shack on facebook of me telling a traditional story, Jannie's dragon. Unfortunately it seems to have come out sideways on, don't worry, I'll get there in the end, it is all getting better, 20th century man is gradually coming to grips with the new technology
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Slouched on backside watching television.

Midday, wife arrives in salon, turns me, levers limbs, lifts belly flap and airs the genitals briefly [Mine]. I demand fried breakfast, refusing her offer of the fresh underpants, new Superman t-shirt [Amazon xxxxxxl]. The day peaks, Bordeaux levels increase, posting entries to world poetry contests. This is the life.

Attachment 26070

Took my Rue Dog for a jaunt around the neighbourhood and just about got run over by a...deer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It is only five past nine here, but the day started well with Kali, the owl, flying down for her food from her perch and giving a hoot, it is the first time she has hooted in eleven or twelve days since she fell ill, so I am in a distinctly good mood.
    Today is a little better thanks.

I finally found the time, it is the inspiration to start the site / blog.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.