So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 611

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Well, my day is going pretty well so far. I finally got my ears checked out after months of problems (the 'Rona kept interfering with getting looked at) and it turns out I have a problem with those tubes from my ear to my nose. It's not really a big deal, and the medicine is cheap. My hearing is just fine~!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    I drove through Hastings St Leonards the other day going to Tesco where I could fill up with my card at the pump and not get near anyone. Your son must fit in fine, I didn't see anyone wearing a mask. What's wrong with them? Surprisingly though it is one of the really quiet spots in the south east as far as infections go, so hopefully he will be okay.
    Whenever I go shopping, went this morning, inside shops we the mask-wearers are very much the minority. We're protecting THEM.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Aye, not too bad.

Just woke up about an hour ago, having coffee.

My project motorcycle will be the death of me... not because I ride like an idiot with his ass on fire (which I do), but because that carburetor is mockiní me, dammit!

Anyway, tomorrow is copious amounts of coffee and Iím going to try to finish editing two chapters... I gave myself a deadline to see if I can hack it as a writer, so I need to work harder if I wanna make it...

(Response to sleeping issues earlier in the thread, still getting used to the forum).

Iíve tried it all (melatonin, tea, water, quitting caffeine, cough syrup, running myself ragged, sex, meditation, medication, breathing exercises, you name it).

I sleep like a cat. I fall asleep when the sun rises and wake up around noon. Then Iím awake all night. Trying to alter this just leaves me tired and out of it for the entire next day. 😓
    Last edited by TripleFade; July 28th, 2020 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Supposed to be a response.

I bought deer repellent today. The spray kind that smells like a dead raccoon rolled around in garbage and rotten eggs while having diarrhea. It leaked in my car.

Apparently our resident ghost has decided she likes Potato Cat. He is a fiend for these springs and got one stuck under the recliner in the living room. Potato Cat was about three feet to the left of the chair, Rue was a couple feet directly in front of it and Potato's spring suddenly flew out from under the chair straight toward him (Potato, not Rue). No living creature touched it, and I need the yard stick to reach under that particular chair...

Attachment 25959

At first okay. I woke up, which was a start and found myself feelingstrangely free. Like I had nothing on my mind. Then I felt a tingleat the back of my brain, that could portend an acid flashback, astroke, or something more nefarious - like my subconsciousdeliberately hiding some odious piece of information from myconscious brain. I wisely decided to ignore it and continue living acarefree morning. Therefore I then -

• finished repairing my really old long wave radio, soldering it etc and prepared to climb out on the dangerously steep and slippy roof, so I could perch next to the chimney and spend the day listening to the cricket.
    • I poked my head out and changed my mind - thinking listening to it on my computer the more safe, sane, comfortable and generally rational thing to do.
    • this struck me as uncommonly mature and sensible, as if I had gained a years worth of wisdom overnight, unfortunately my body and bones too felt like they'd grown a years worth of something overnight too.
    • I didn't think on it, instead dossed around until cricket started and was content listening to Test Match Special for most of the morning.
    • then I made a foolish mistake, I opened my email. I had one, from Nintendo, wishing me a happy Birthday. Trust a multi national corporation and treasured childhood friend to ruin ones day.
    • I looked at calendar and it was true. 5th August, the same day that in 1984 (having even less literary knowledge than I do nowadays and therefore not realising the dystopian connotations) I was stupid enough to be born, into a UK of miner strikes, riots and other Thatcherite favourite Orwellian nightmares. I looked at BBC news and was gladdened at how far we'd come since then as a species.
    • Cricket didn't go well
    • got a present through post from my Brother. My first ever Poetry anthology, near on 500 pages. Good contemporary poetry from 2002. The company had left price sticker on. Its good value for £3.
    • Didn't go out, moped about a bit, got over it and remembered I'm going on holiday on weekend so was fine then.
    • Worked out what my subconscious had been hiding from me. 5th August was Neil Armstrong's Birthday too.
    • Wrote this.
    • Looked at moon.
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

Blog Entries
    All pretty much same as here, go to bed, get up, eat some drink some, go to the toilet every now then, go to bed at around 9.30.pm.
    Repeat, repeat, repeat, r.......... oh never mind.

I need to go online and buy a couple o' things but why do today what I can put off until tmorra?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.