So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 604

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I have two days off. Finally. Trying to do a bit of writing.... Working on a collaborative project with a friend, but they are a poor writer and rush plot points, thereby painting the character into a corner. It's more than a little frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    I have two days off. Finally. Trying to do a bit of writing.... Working on a collaborative project with a friend, but they are a poor writer and rush plot points, thereby painting the character into a corner. It's more than a little frustrating.
    That seems like a good way to write a novel for people low on time and it seems like a good way to compensate when on a job working full-time. That's a good idea. Many people are afraid of collaborative writing. I wish I considered it sometime in the future if I decide to write one, where I would need help. I just write some "long" short stories for the time being.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Collaborative writing is not bad, but my friend is an outliner and wants an outline. I never use a written outline. I am mostly a "pantser," but have plot points and stuff in my head. I guess this is a way to stretch my writing chops, but it's weird to work with someone else...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    Collaborative writing is not bad, but my friend is an outliner and wants an outline. I never use a written outline. I am mostly a "pantser," but have plot points and stuff in my head. I guess this is a way to stretch my writing chops, but it's weird to work with someone else...
    I have found exactly one person who I can collaborate with. One. And we've had lots of the same kinds of difficulties especially as we grow and change with trying to learn the craft.

The rest who have attempted this with me may or may not be missing.

Kidding...

...sorta.

Blog Entries
    The days are so empty here. I eat, sleep, go to the toilet, and that's about it.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Sorry, Dither... I'm pulling a 40-hour/week job now. I wish I would have taken the time in quarantine to paint. Now I regret not doing it. Ah well....

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    The days are so empty here. I eat, sleep, go to the toilet, and that's about it.
    I would walk with you if I could.
    Make u put your shoes on.
    You would tell me “NO”
    Yet I would.
    We would walk out the door
    Down the street
    Notice things you did not notice before.
    Then,,tomorrow we would do it again
    Put one foot in front of the other.
    We would walk out that door.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

Blog Entries
    Rose,
    I go out only when absolutely necessary right now because of the covid gig.

Before this thing hit us:
    I could go out, stay local or take a ten mile bus-ride, either way, I would see so much and yet I would see nothing. I've walked passed people that I know and not see them or so I've been told.
    Nothing registers with me.

I wasn't always like that. There was a time when I could go to a town nearby, somewhere that I've been so many times, and yet it was like I'd never been there before , I would see and notice so much, filled with awe and wonder, like a tourist. A part of me has died I think and I'm not sure that I mind.

Lol, I laugh wondering what you would make of me.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

We walked this afternoon. We are on the edge of the village and there are plenty of footpaths around here which we have been exploring. Mostly we see no-one else, and the few we do see take the hint when we back off into a hedge and go around us with a smile and a nod and as much distance as possible. It is quite up and down hill, so there are some great views across the countryside.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    After work last night I woke up this morning with that hit-by-a-truck feeling.

This has resulted in a jello day...both feeling like jello and trying to move through it.