Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    One of those years?

First, my wife recovering from two major strokes
    then outdoor fuse box died.
    washing machine died
    microwave died
    now busted water pipes

all this in the middle of this virus madness

debts already rising, but I realize others have even worse problems.

My sense of humor tells me I should write a Dave Barry type humor piece on this. Maybe later.

Awwww damn.... You have had a tuff time of it.... but the good news is your wife is recovering, hold on to that positive bit, and deal with the other stuff as you can... it will all settle down... my GrandMam liked to say "when it rains, it pours!"..... It took me awhile to understand that but you give a perfect example...

*hugs*... love ya bunches... you have been so strong, don't stumble now....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

It is a super sucky time all around, that's for sure. And so much worse for those who have extra hardship right now in one way or another.

Wrote something small. I hope to make it 1000 words or fewer. Will experiment with dictating it tomorrow. I wrote it using the advice I was given. Found this website: http://www.openculture.com/
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Got some stuff done but still feel blah. Doesn't everyone. Ordered groceries and added some tulips because a bouquet of fresh tulips on the table would cheer anyone up. Right? I did not get to pick the color, though. I thought about calling the store to complain about it because that would be a funny coronajoke. Right?

Someone has managed to breed some very nearly black ones. They are always a little bit bluey-purple, but some are really nice, 'Queen of the night' springs to mind.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Lost today. Felt rubbish when I got up, took my meds. , had a shower, came on here, and thought about having a bit of a lie down. Went to sleep, had horrid dreams, just woke up at 6pm. still got a bit of a head and sore throat and lost what looks like it was a lovely day. Definitely got something, I slept in 'til midday yesterday and that is not me at all.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Hope you feel better soon, Olly.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Lost today. Felt rubbish when I got up, took my meds. , had a shower, came on here, and thought about having a bit of a lie down. Went to sleep, had horrid dreams, just woke up at 6pm. still got a bit of a head and sore throat and lost what looks like it was a lovely day. Definitely got something, I slept in 'til midday yesterday and that is not me at all.
    Take care of yourself Ollie, don't force me to write dirty limericks to cheer you up

Tomorrow, you will hopefully bounce out of bed and get to work on your garden, I am looking forward to hearing all about it.... * hugs*...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Blog Entries
    It's been a bit chilly here in england today Olly, hope you feel better soon.
    Fancy joining a photgraphy group? The check out the Hidden Content group.

Visit My Blog to get to know me better.Hidden Content Hidden Content A fun group of like minded new writers.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content A place for young writers to talk and chill.

Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

Look after yourself, Olly.

Today, I had a chat with some friends via WhatsApp and messaging all my friends and family to offer support. I have also been working through some of my survival goals I posted to my blog so I stay positive!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content