So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 579

Page 579 of 583 FirstFirst ... 79379479529569571572573574575576577578579580581582583 LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,790 of 5827

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I was talking about self-depracative jokes. xD

I was extra nice to everyone all day and it seemed to perk people right up. It came back to me, with lots of smiles, jokes and return niceness, more than I expected so I had a really nice day.

Okay, that sounds really dorky. Tomorrow I'll be extra mean and see what that does.

Watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. It's so good! :O There were things I felt could've been better developed but overall I like it. Looking forward to watching The Crimes of Grindwald.

I have a sinus infection... At least I got a Potato Cat hug...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191016_170058_158.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	24744

Blog Entries
    I woke up with the same feeling of inexorable hopelessness that I experience daily. I sat down to write and all that came out was mush--some of the worst sentences I'd ever seen composed.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

@Darkkin- Is that kitty wearing clothes? Hope you feel better.

@J.T. Chris- Well that is no fun. Do you know any ways to try to fix it? I'm no medical expert but I hear St. John's wort (over the counter supplement) is good, if you can't get to a doctor for it. Also, light exercise and sunshine (I've read that depression is frequently tied in with vitamin D deficiency, which is common in the colder months).

I had bouts of depression for years but a decade or so ago, they just stopped and I have no idea why. Hope you feel better soon.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I think the only thing that would help is if I could sit down and finish a story without judging it, from start to finish. In all seriousness though, I am medicated; just going through a difficult phase of my life right now. That's what brought me back here. As frustrating as it is, the writing is therapeutic.
    "How can we know the dancer from the dance?" - W.B. Yeats
    Stories: Hidden Content l Hidden Content Hidden Content

Projects:
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Chris View Post
    I woke up with the same feeling of inexorable hopelessness that I experience daily. I sat down to write and all that came out was mush--some of the worst sentences I'd ever seen composed.
    Sorry to hear this, but if it’s any consolation, if I read a story that opened with what you’d just put down here, I’d be hooked straight away

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Quote Originally Posted by bdcharles View Post
    Sorry to hear this, but if it’s any consolation, if I read a story that opened with what you’d just put down here, I’d be hooked straight away
    You also have a huge advantage over all those people who think what they write is the bee's knees and can not be improved, you know, the ones who write trash
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content