So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 568

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

So got my test results for my hearing today.

Secondly, I'm still on the fence regarding the Bluetooth thing. Yeah, it sounds cool but I honestly don't mind stuffing the iPhone earbud between my hearing aid and glasses if I'm listening to YouTube in public and I don't care if I look weird doing it. The phone, well, I don't use it that much and when I do, it's for people I already know and can make out what they say. For gaming, I just use a regular headset from Walmart that works very well.

It's...I dunno. I just want to be able to hear, and I went in to get the tube between the mold and the hearing aid fixed and it's fixed.

This is the first day of a three day heatwave in the UK with the possibility of record temperatures, so of course I ended up wearing my best suit out in the blazing sunshine.

My angel and I have just returned from our neighbour's cremation service. He was a traditional jazz trumpeter, so it was a New Orleans style event with an eleven piece marching jazz band leading the hearse to the chapel. They even had a sousaphone, not the most British of instruments by any means, but then such events probably aren't so common at the Tunbridge Wells crematorium and burial ground for all at the centre of British tradition. The band also played outside the chapel afterwards and at the reception in the garden of a country inn later. These white-haired old musicians from a past age looked as though they'd be joining their musical colleague all too soon.

Just along a cemetery path from the chapel a small group of young people in hot pants and T-shirts had a wicker casket in the back of a Land Rover awaiting a somewhat different ceremony. Life is what you make it, but then so is death.
    Last edited by JustRob; July 23rd, 2019 at 02:16 PM.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    So got my test results for my hearing today.
    My hearing is jacked-up, too. So frustrating for me, and for people having to repeat themselves... *sigh* I can empathize, my friend.

Attachment 24081

Potato Cat, just shy of four months old. Hard to believe we've had him more than six weeks. Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    My hearing is jacked-up, too. So frustrating for me, and for people having to repeat themselves... *sigh* I can empathize, my friend.
    The missus actually convinced me to get mine checked, it's fine, she simply needs to be in the same room and facing me when she speaks to me, an introductory remark to make sure she has my attention wouldn't be bad either.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I still have not returned home and I am on vacation somewhere in switzerland. Also I decided to post today that I already bought a microphone-which is supposed to help with my dysgraphia (it has a high accuracy rate). I think people think I have dysgraphia since sometimes I am missing parts to sentences such as parts of speech and the construction of the syntax of these is awkward. It's one of the best microphones on the market. It costed me 370 with shipping included. (it is said to be the second best one by the company and is called table mike 6 in 1 by speechware) I plan to use google voice keyboard. I hope that reduces the non-squinters when I write long works. A long time ago I was told "my speech was unaffected" by a speech pathologist. So it should help me construct the sentences perfectly. When I return in august the 30th I should be able to use it. I think I had to pay a lot of money because all the microphones I have bought recently never were close to 99% accurate.

Since I have been been on vacation I've been unable to log on. But I hope to catch up and plan on reading as much as writing. So if I have dyslexia and dysgraphia I hope this solves everything. I already have a text to speech program in word. I decided not to get word q which is what I used to write the last work in the workshop.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; July 26th, 2019 at 10:16 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    The missus actually convinced me to get mine checked, it's fine, she simply needs to be in the same room and facing me when she speaks to me, an introductory remark to make sure she has my attention wouldn't be bad either.
    Evidently, I'm deaf in the frequency of my wife's voice.

I told a friend the missus said to me 'We're moving'.
    'A decision reached after consultation and discussion then?'
    'Oh, you do it differently in your house then?'
    'Certainly, my women do as they are told and speak when they are spoken to; it's all right, none of them are in earshot.'
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

So, I'm behind a Maserati today. It's hot, and I'm in my riding leathers, so I focus on the car to distract myself.
    "What makes that car worth $80,000?"
    It was rather bland. Wide, squat but featureless. I looked at the exauhst. Four pipes off of 2 mufflers. Sure enough, only two of the exhaust pipes actually had carbon build-up. The other two were shiny chrome.
    Silly, stupid, vanity cosmetic bull***t. For 80 large, I'm expecting FOUR functional pipes. Frontin'.

Well, at least my last batch of home brew is delicious. Loving it. I bet Maserati dude is drinking Stella Artois now, thinking THAT'S cool. No accounting for taste.

"Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!"

Blog Entries
    My day, yesterday, was filled with suds and heaps of clothes. Ten washers full. Piles of freshly washed. then folded pants, shorts, towels, sheets, shirts, you-name-its. It's full out humid summer here in the South (Florida). Mildew in drawers makes for damp dresser drawers and musty clothes. I tear my dressers apart on a regular basis. When you come into my apartment you never know when the living room will be filled with empty drawers standing on end set out to dry. Or when clothes are once again off to the laundry mat. I write haiku's to honor the mildew and machine while waiting for the suds to do their job, the tumblers and heat to dry same clothes and linens and kill the fungi spoors. Only to once again load the drawers back up and await the humid air to bring the process back full circle.

That was my day........ then off to Temple to get some spiritual peace, come home read a good book for a while and off to peaceful healing sleep music and the restorative powers of hours of sleep and a few pleasant dreams... until my phone sang out to me abruptly at 9:05 a.m. "you've got a text message"... off to the races.