So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 565

Read our latest author interview on Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 565 of 565 FirstFirst ... 65365465515555557558559560561562563564565
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 5650

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

I've been working on a new book. It's actually going quite well and the writing is coming easy. (For once!) [hannibal lector mode ON]Having a friend for breakfast.[hannibal lector mode OFF] After that, headed to the coast for a night.
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

Went to see youngest daughter and take her birthday presents. Long, long delay on the A21 on the way home, finally passed a place where there was a lot of spillage and sand spread across the road. "Oh, that was disappointing" said the missus, "I was hoping for blood and glass at the very least".
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Had a long difficult day today that ended with my glasses breaking.

Sorry man. That must really suck. You have a spare pair? Or contacts?

Took the night off from my computer projects(s). My new system is up, but needs a lot of work to be at or near 100% I just started loading the hardware into my son's new/used comp. Looking like a nice 2nd hand rig.
    I was geeking so hard the other night that I couldn't sleep. Friggin' manic. Sleep. Meh. As if eating and bowl movements weren't enough of a distraction.
    And I think God was testing me again. Pushing me toward anger and resentment. Microsoft Corporation is so evil they make The Sith look like Jesuit priests. I will forgive, and move on. Serenity prayin'.
    Details to follow in my full "after action" report. For now, rest and meditation.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

At least the Sith will only do evil things to you for the fun of it, Jesuit Priests will tell you 'I hate doing this, but it's for your own good'.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

Just starting, but got some of my book edited, and last day at my current job!

Cleaning-up a bit from my computer project. Still have to finish my son's rig, but mine is good to go. It's stable, cool, fairly quiet, and looks nice (not like that matters )
    Also have to remember to send in the rebates on a couple of the parts. I spent too much, gotta re-coup some of the cost. My wife will sell some of my better old parts on eBay.

Later, I have to rack (transfer) my English ale from my primary to secondary fermenter for clarification. This is the one I hopped with some Spruce tips. Should be interesting.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post

That's only a screw missing, I always hang on to my old pair so I can cannibalise them for bits, even a whole arm sometimes, who cares if it isn't a perfect match, they all fit my head. If you strip a bit of flex and use a single strand of wire through the holes, then twist the ends to tighten it up, it will last you until you can get to the opticians. Mind you the urgency has gone nowadays, I spent my whole life very short sighted, but when I had my cataracts done they chose lenses that matched my eyes, so now it is only slight astigmatism. If my glasses are dirty I actually see better with them off.
    Hidden Content

Hope your specs are soon fixed. That sucks...
    Her: I love my computer! All of my friends are in there!
    Me: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about my freezer...
    Her: What?
    Me: What?

The close of my day...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190713_195109.jpg