So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 560

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

In your garden. Prefer lantana but star flowers and sea holly will do.
    Blog Entries
    Had homemade, outdoor oven baked pizza today. Wow, really good.

I would have brought some to share here but... I ate it all.
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

My best friend is one of three people in the world my CatCat truly loved and trusted, and I know she was just as fond of CatCat. My decision affected more than just me and I understand that. But tonight, she made a comment that bothered me a bit. She said she wanted CatCat back... I told her straight out that even if it were possible, I would not do that to CatCat. She was so tired, so ready to go. She is at peace and to pull someone or something, be it pet or person from that just seems selfish. Then again, maybe I read too much fiction, but things like that never end well.

Yes, I miss my cat, but I loved her enough to let her go when it was her time. I am thankful for everyday I had with her and because of that I think things are a little easier for me. Po and Rue also help. And while Po is still a bit raw, he is shaping up to be a really nice cat. (Not everybody gets that lucky twice.) The kitty shaped hole at our house has been patched, but Po needs a chance to make his mark. Life can be unfair, occasionally cruel, but in this instance it was not and I think that is why a seemingly off handed comment bothered me on a fundamental level. Given my heart issues my family and friends know, I need them to be strong enough to do for me, what I did for CatCat. I need them to let go...until that time comes, I take life a day at a time.

Just some thoughts

- D.
    Last edited by Darkkin; June 19th, 2019 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    19, I was in Panama. 21/22, I was off to Saudi. It wasn't a bad period of my life, really. I do remember a lot of confusion, frequent moments of revelation, but also a lot of internal restlessness.
    Wow, 19 to 21 I was working off a beach in Cala Mesquida, Majorca, teaching sailing, water-skiing and skin diving and running entertainments and couriering evenings and if the sea was rough. Worked my butt off every waking hour and loved every minute of it. Winters I came home and worked in the swimming pool mostly.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Fed a duck in the pond..only one there..we shared a moment an I shall write a poem about it..
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Fed a duck in the pond..only one there..we shared a moment ...
    Only one duck or person, is that?

... an I shall write a poem about it..
    Well, the duck won't so it's up to you then. Unless ...

I wandered lonely as a duck
    that paddles rivers lakes and streams
    when all at once I trod in muck
    which rapidly destroyed my dreams.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Just me an the duck...there were people playing bowls behind the hedge...out of all the parks around coronation is my fav place to read ..

Finally uploaded a monster of a manuscript to Kindle Direct Publishing. Still working on the cover and typesetting the paperback, which is the very quintessence of tedium, but no help for it. It must be done. (And I thought the writing was the hardest part!)

New children's book illustrations are being finished up by the artist. Uploading that one is going to be hideously difficult.

Toying with a new ghost story...

Tomorrow is mowing the front and back lawns, weeding the unending flowerbeds, and Sunday, [Hannibal Lector mode: ON]I'm having a friend for breakfast.[Hannibal Lector mode: OFF] Heh...

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    Just me an the duck...there were people playing bowls behind the hedge...
    Why were they doing it behind a hedge? Is playing bowls in public not socially acceptable in Liverpool? Is this some sort of class thing? Are bowls players all assumed to vote Tory? Obviously that view can't apply to crown green bowls players though, but the crown might be higher than the hedge anyway, so of course the view would be different.

You know Esc, you do inspire some profound thoughts.
    'Sharing an experience creates a reality.' Create a new reality today.
    'There has to be some give and take.' If I can take my time I'm willing to give it.
    'The most difficult criticism that a writer has to comprehend is silence.' So speak up.

Just in case anyone needs a weekend pick me up. Potato Cat reminding us what weekends are for.

They are deffo over 50 an prob vote Tory..there was a letter in the local paper about kids playing on the green and the police never bothered to turn up when he asked for help...park life is dangerous theses days