So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 549

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 549 of 552 FirstFirst ... 49349449499539541542543544545546547548549550551552 LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,490 of 5516

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

My brain is fizzled. Saturday was wild.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Went to one of my favourite anitque show/flea markets today. 90 minute drive, but well worth the effort. Perfect weather for it, overcast and cool. Rue was a great help in haggling down prices, I came in $50.00 under budget. What can I say, my dog is a charmer. Overall, as close to a perfect Sunday as can be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bard_Daniel View Post
    My brain is fizzled. Saturday was wild.
    Hello Bard Daniel aka Daniel STJ
    "I pray that I not miswrite thee"

Chaucer

"There are four and twenty ways
    to practice tribal lays
    and every single one of them is right."

Kipling

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Shakespeare's Hamlet

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpoet View Post
    Hello Bard Daniel aka Daniel STJ

I had deleted my old e-mail and couldn't remember my login details. I have no way to log into the old one, thus to prove it was me, and I thought I'd re-sign up. Hopefully, that's OK...

I've sent Gumby a PM to try and talk about this. Hopefully, this doesn't involve a ban. In retrospect, I should've mentioned it, but it was so long ago. You guys even changed the outline of the site and everything. It looks really nice!
    Last edited by Bard_Daniel; May 13th, 2019 at 05:26 AM.
    ďAs far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being,"

-Carl Jung

Let's see.... Completed final edits of a novella I've been working on and sent it to two beta readers. Managed to aggravate my wife no less than about five different times, this morning. (Trust me; this is far less than usual!) Off-loaded about fifty cinder-blocks. Tired, tired, tired... Fighting a headache. Tired of myself.
    Her: Have YOU ever hit a deer?
    Me: What, you mean like, in the FACE?
    Her: ....WHAT is the MATTER with you?!

Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to report that limiting my beer intake to just two on Fridays and Saturdays, and weights every other day has done wonders to help my anxiety. I no longer feel the pull towards alcohol like I did two weeks ago.

Just got back from seeing my amazing chiropractor. Novella (technically a novelette), is 12,508 words, and 49 pages. (Times NR, 12 pt font) It's the longest thing I've ever written, and it could probably be longer, but it wouldn't add significantly to the story. When there's nothing more to add or subtract, that's how I know it's finished.
    Her: Have YOU ever hit a deer?
    Me: What, you mean like, in the FACE?
    Her: ....WHAT is the MATTER with you?!

I subscribed to The Criterion Collection's new online site. Time to watch some award winners!

Currently watching The Great Dictator.

-Carl Jung

symposium tomorrow.
    waited a looooooong year.
    will be incredibly dense
    and
    long in hours.
    still way excited!
    *looks at prep list*

Delivery door was broken today. Had to figure out how to move in two 10 foot long steel bars, each weighing a couple of hundred pounds.
    First problem was they were packed tight in a long crate. Had to use a crowbar just to lift it enough to grab it. Bend at the knees, back straight, one end on a rolling cart. Lift other end, slide.
    Repeat for second bar.
    No smashed fingers. No tweaked back. Good day.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."