So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 537

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 537 of 539 FirstFirst ... 37337437487527529530531532533534535536537538539 LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5384

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

but I apparently butted into a conversation that didn’t concern me.
    Since when is religion a subject that does not concern some people? Or are you a known Devil worshipper? Arrogant gits. They are hassling him with something that doesn't concern him, the boss should be telling them to get on with their work and leave their co-workers to get on with theirs.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    What do you do when your Christian co-workers are pushing a fellow co-worker (who isn’t Christian) to go to church when he clearly doesn’t want to? Basically, he is Buddhist as well as his family and girlfriend. He went to the Baptist church a few times, but the second time they (the people in the church) kept pushing his girlfriend to join them, asking her if she’s been ‘saved’. He doesn’t want to go back, yet the others keep pushing, asking ‘why’.

I want to help him, but I’m not sure how. Advice?
    crazy as it is, i personally know people that have lost jobs
    because
    all employees attend the same church.
    nah, doesn't come up in interview.
    it's an after-process.

some people i know have been successful in citing
    schedule conflicts between X-push-congregation
    and unitarian events.

nondenominational gathering schedules can help diffuse
    some of the energy as well.
    especially when the push-er receives a reciprocal invitation
    from the push-ee.

amazing times,
    these are.

best,

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Since when is religion a subject that does not concern some people? Or are you a known Devil worshipper? Arrogant gits. They are hassling him with something that doesn't concern him, the boss should be telling them to get on with their work and leave their co-workers to get on with theirs.
    The sad part is, I know deep down that not all Christians are ignorant shitlords, but having to spend every waking moment of my life next to said arrogant shitlords really does dampen my view of Christianity as a whole and Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Shield View Post
    The sad part is, I know deep down that not all Christians are ignorant shitlords, but having to spend every waking moment of my life next to said arrogant shitlords really does dampen my view of Christianity as a whole and Christians.
    On bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. But after pulling a bad apple out of the barrel, and inadvertently taking a bite, one is more likely to avoid that said barrel.
    And move on to a barrel of, say, grapefruit.
    Sure, you like apples. But you just can't get rid of the memory of that rancid taste.

We were out late yesterday, shopping for a car for my daughter (her 1996 Subaru is finally on it's way out). We found her a nice 2012 VW Jetta 2.0 Turbo Diesel. Only 41k miles.
    Because my daughter has been paying her student loans regularly, she had an above-average credit rating for a woman her age. Lower payments on the car. It pays to be responsible.
    Today, I get to work on our home network. Bought a new modem and router. God help me.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

John-John, how is it that when the entire plot of your fantasy novel, The Fallen God, revolves around trying to revive said ancient god to strike back against an oppressive faction....

You just *forget* that part and focus on the civil war? Why you do dis? D:<

My day started out at the VA. I had several small moles and tiny skin-tags burnt off of my back with liquid nitrogen. Then, as a prerequisite for going to a chiropractor, I spent the afternoon getting my neck and back X-rayed. I was going to go to karate this evening, but I think I'm going to just go home and take it easy.
    Me: "You know the way a gun barrel tastes?
    Everyone: Uh... No.

If I have problems I go to an experienced osteopath. He will get me to stand with my back to a nice, even, north window, light and look at it. That seems so much better than being exposed to still more x-rays.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    If I have problems I go to an experienced osteopath. He will get me to stand with my back to a nice, even, north window, light and look at it. That seems so much better than being exposed to still more x-rays.
    I wish I had that option. I swear, the Veterans Administration acts like trying to maintain some preventative care that they don't offer there, like a chiropractor, for instance, is somehow "frivolous," or that one needs to have some dire medical condition in order for the authorization to use it is granted. Grrrr.. Frustrating beyond belief!

Four hours later and I wrote 1,271 words. Total word-count is 22,015 words *and* the final paragraph of the story has been written. Draft is far from completion but there you have it. The ending has been written. ❤

My wife has just found out that she has an autoimmune condition that is incurable, and will only get worse as she gets older. I am in a completely shit space, right now. I'm going to go write something violent and bloody, or maybe find a wall to punch, or maybe drive out to the river and just cry....