So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 533

Submit your creative works to Flashes >>HERE<< .

Page 533 of 533 FirstFirst ... 33333433483523525526527528529530531532533
Results 5,321 to 5,327 of 5327

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

Worst snow in a decade or more here. We're on the coast, and normally don't get this:

The main roads are plowed, but the snow is high enough in our neighborhood, we can't get out. Going to walk up to the store with my son for some milk.
    It was supposed to start raining by now. Oh well. I can walk down to the ferry dock to make it to work tomorrow.

"Now let's all agree, never to be creative again."

Seems like once every 10 - 12 years we get a big winter. Last one we had your weather and you guys were in a drought. Highest rainfall in the country on a slope was Santa Barbara ( San Marcos pass).

Mother nature definitely has a crack habit...

We see weird summers, winters, etc. regularly here too, but not with the frequency we have the past 10 years.

If this keeps up, things are gonna look a lot different here than they did when I was a kid.

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

Soon enough, nations will play second fiddle to corporations.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    And for all you folks scoffing at "a few inches of snow" paralyzing Seattle, here's the deal: We're on the water, and the temps keep fluctuating between above and below freezing. That means that the snow melts, the refreezes as sheets of solid ice. Pair that with all the hills in the area, well, YOU try to drive in that. The kids walked up the hill to the local diner, and brought back breakfast. They saw a bunch of idiots stuck on the side of the road. Probably over-confident transplants to the area.
    Anyway, we're stocked-up on groceries, including plenty of cat food and beer. The power hasn't gone out in a while, and if it stays down for any time, I have a generator and enough fuel for a week or more. Bring it on.

Hey Winston, I'm over on the Kitsap Peninsula and I feel ya. I'm originally from the Syracuse area (+5m snow banks, snow all winter, etc) and all the snow we got over the last few days would be no problem back there. I roll my eyes a lot at the hand wringing that goes over snow here on but the fact is the municipalities do not understand how to deal with snow. What plowing was done around my place was laughable and made things worse in some spots. Definitely the maritime climate makes things challenging but the snow could be handled MUCH better. It's so bad around here because there is no real attention paid to it. My street didn't get plowed for nearly 5 days. I did eventually get out because I know how to drive in the snow but for a while society was shut completely down.

And, of course, a lot of people here don't have a tonne of experience with the snow and that makes it VERY dangerous on the roads. I'm not worried that I'm going to do something wrong I'm worried about all the other folks driving around in a state of confused panic.
    My blog- Hidden Content thoughts on trauma and healing through psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy

"When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

Going back through some files, still wondering how I managed to write some of these things in reality. Normal brains don't function that way...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Worst snow in a decade or more here. We're on the coast, and normally don't get this:

The main roads are plowed, but the snow is high enough in our neighborhood, we can't get out. Going to walk up to the store with my son for some milk.
    It was supposed to start raining by now. Oh well. I can walk down to the ferry dock to make it to work tomorrow.
    Jeez that looks awful. Rather you than me mate.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I bought a last-years-rental snowboard one time. Thirty bucks. And the boots. That was the greatest investment. If I lived closer I'd be slippy-sliding down them hills a lot more often.
    met these two ladies in a lift line at Mammoth. Europeans. In their mid-to-late seventies..Yes, they were skiing. "Where's your husbands at?" "Oh, dose olt poo-seez are back in da cabin sitting by d' fire." Yumpin' yimminy or Achtung or something, but Respect.