So... How'd Your Day Go? - Page 527

Submit your creative works >>HERE<< .

Page 527 of 527 FirstFirst ... 27327427477517519520521522523524525526527
Results 5,261 to 5,268 of 5268

Thread: So... How'd Your Day Go?

In the woods of Tennessee. And no, I'm not lost.
    Who are ya wantin' ta elequt?

G.D.
    Leave it be and it won't bother you.
    Screw with it, and it'll eat you alive.

"The world is not what we wish it to be; it is what it is."
    "Freedom is the value, not protection."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    On on a bright note, one of the hillsides that regularly collapses shed some nice material onto Mulholland, again... some nice, hard, tan/brown sedementary layers, semi-flat on one side at least; spilled right out onto the road. So wouldn't you know, I did my civic duty, pulled over and collected two Toyota-mini loads so far. They'll make great stepping stones, and there's some real pretty-ones I can see still up there ready to bust loose. It's gone'rain some more today...
    When I lived in So Cal, I set up the nicest rock border around our driveway you ever saw with all the rocks I pulled from the yard--and I didn't even make a dent in the number of rocks there were. I did miss out on the frogs, though. Would have liked to have heard them.

My day went great! Hand walked Zazzy (a very big gelding) and found he could use a brush-up on how to go through gates without running everyone over. Overall, he's much more level-headed in-hand than I expected. Found out Zazzy has a girlfriend & doesn't like to be led away from her. Well, can't blame him much; sounds like he hasn't spent too much time around mares.

Sure, it takes up some of the free-time I had thought I'd use on working on one of my stories; I'll just have to manage my time a little differently so I can fit everything in. (Will probably be online a bit less.) It's just really nice that my friend has asked me to help with her horse and it's really nice that I actually have some time to do so.
    "A ship in the harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."
    ~ John A. Shedd

A gelding with a girlfriend?

I'm afraid my 'Politically Incorrect' sense of humor could really get me into trouble with that one...

G.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Guard Dog View Post
    A gelding with a girlfriend?

I'm afraid my 'Politically Incorrect' sense of humor could really get me into trouble with that one...

G.D.
    his toxic masculinity thingie- removed? sounds perfect
    for a perfect new world. They may come for you...

M.P. - Pulling rocks out of the yard to make borders. Lots of that right below the San Gabe's, and the San Ber-doos. Makes for some pretty 'Pasadena'-style looking yards.

his toxic masculinity thingie- removed? sounds perfect
    for a perfect new world. They may come for you...
    Yep... a world where they do a lot of walking 'cause they ran out of horses...

( And there's no other forms of transportation 'cause one of 'em heard they were all 'man-made' )

Oh, and I'm not doing much of anything as of yet... The weather's been miserable enough the past couple of days or so that all I've done is sleep, write, smoke, drink, aggravate folks here on the forum... repeat.

G.D.

Blog Entries
    M.P. - Pulling rocks out of the yard to make borders. Lots of that right below the San Gabe's, and the San Ber-doos. Makes for some pretty 'Pasadena'-style looking yards.
    Yup. Lived there, done that.

(Hello former neighbor! Pls. wave 'hi' at the ocean for me next time you see it.)
    ~ John A. Shedd

Blog Entries
    For sale or exchange:

1 very nice mother. Slightly older model with interesting life will provide years of reasons to help you answer the question ‘why I write’. Excellent for beginning writers without an interesting life of their own.

Suffering from writer’s block? Look no further! Guaranteed to undo recently cured insomnia or even years of counseling with fresh problems.

Fearful of the blank page? Fear no more! This splendid baby-boomer model will help you conquer your fears as she enlists you to conquer hers. Nothing will ever stand before you and the blank page again!!!

Sadly, can no longer keep due to having raised my counseling services rates ten minutes ago.

This is a limited time offer! Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity!!!

Guilt trips included for free.

(P.S. no serious offers considered! Well, I may consider borrowing yours if she comes with milk & cookies.)

So, how was your day?
    ~ John A. Shedd

Quote Originally Posted by Megan Pearson View Post
    For sale or exchange:

1 very nice mother. Slightly older model with interesting life will provide years of reasons to help you answer the question ‘why I write’. Excellent for beginning writers without an interesting life of their own.

Suffering from writer’s block? Look no further! Guaranteed to undo recently cured insomnia or even years of counseling with fresh problems.

Fearful of the blank page? Fear no more! This splendid baby-boomer model will help you conquer your fears as she enlists you to conquer hers. Nothing will ever stand before you and the blank page again!!!

Sadly, can no longer keep due to having raised my counseling services rates ten minutes ago.

This is a limited time offer! Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity!!!

Guilt trips included for free.

(P.S. no serious offers considered! Well, I may consider borrowing yours if she comes with milk & cookies.)
    Sorry, Meg, but that won't work.

If it did, I'd have shipped mine off 40 years ago, for free.

G.D.